Car will crank but no power to coil?

Laser9538

Oct 22, 2020
Indiana
I have been at the end of the wits with this car. I have to keep lining the starter up for a big reasoning of why I am losing interest in the car. I can not get the car to start or crank by key, dash lights light up though! Until I go to start it, dead. I have a open starter relay and the motor will crank. Tries to run, then the starter kicks out of line. I have all wires and hoses, plus vacuums right. I’m getting air, fuel, and getting it to crank makes me think spark as well. Well, I decided to check volts of everything, and everything BUT the coil pack had voltage. I have way too much time invested in this issue. New starter, new alternator, new plugs n wires, battery, and ignition switch. The coil pack was relatively new when parked, so never replaced it. Now I’m getting nothing from the primary or secondary on the thing, it has a screaming demon installed. 95 3.8

• Sponsors (?)

IF there's no key on +12 volts at the coil pack, the problem is not in the coil pack. It will NEVER start until there is a constant key on +12 volts at the coil pack.

Explain the starter problem in more detail. Is there something wrong with the flywheel?

Is this a manual or automatic? Explain what you have done to trouble shoot the neutral safety circuit (NS).

Likely this car will also need to have the CCRM trouble shot.

Last edited:
I have been at the end of the wits with this car. I have to keep lining the starter up for a big reasoning of why I am losing interest in the car. I can not get the car to start or crank by key, dash lights light up though! Until I go to start it, dead. I have a open starter relay and the motor will crank. Tries to run, then the starter kicks out of line. I have all wires and hoses, plus vacuums right. I’m getting air, fuel, and getting it to crank makes me think spark as well. Well, I decided to check volts of everything, and everything BUT the coil pack had voltage. I have way too much time invested in this issue. New starter, new alternator, new plugs n wires, battery, and ignition switch. The coil pack was relatively new when parked, so never replaced it. Now I’m getting nothing from the primary or secondary on the thing, it has a screaming demon installed. 95 3.8
This what i have found, The main connection wire harness junction to engine, clean them with and oxidation cleaner, contact enhancer, don't use to much, blow dry the connections after, look for discolor things like that. The other thing it might be is a fusible link, one of the biggest things i have found is the connectors, i know it is a hassle but try it. i bought a wiring diagram just for my 04 , it helped me alot. it can be that little simple thing that can drive you insane.