Car Wont Start/crank Help

J02GT

Jan 17, 2017
Car: 2002 Mustang GT
Miles: 167,600

Okay so recently my car had died on me, so I got it jumped and got the battery checked out and the Oreileys guy said indeed it was the battery. cool, PROBLEM SOLVED.

A week goes by, and now the car doesn't want to crank at all, just a click noise when i turn the key. After replacing the starter, I'm anxious to turn the key. STILL nothing :(.

Turns out it was just a wire went loose from the positive battery connecter. Tightened it back on AND BAM THE STANG IS BACK.

NOW, I was driving it fine yesterday after a week from replacing the unneeded starter, until today. I go in the car to get it started, and now i get nothing at all. No crank, no click, nothing. The dash lights still come on and everything, it has half a tank of gas in it and i have no clue of what the issue is. PLEASE HELP, any suggestions of where to look or what it might be ?
thanks guys!
-Jacob

• Sponsors (?)

Try cleaning your battery connections and posts. If the original terminal was replaced with the bolt down the wires type they are prone to corroding up and not flowing enough current to start the engine.

Reactions: 1 user
Try cleaning your battery connections and posts. If the original terminal was replaced with the bolt down the wires type they are prone to corroding up and not flowing enough current to start the engine.
Thanks brother sorry for the late reply and yeah turns out the starter I had picked up from O'Reilly's was no good on top of that the battery connectors were bad as well I'll post some pics soon!!

Thanks for the update, glad you got here fixed! Happens all to often but hell, who can afford OEM parts.
Yeah no worries man I love my mustang don't regret getting it. I've learned so much from it as far as physically getting under the hood and changing some parts for better airflow. But thanks again man appreciate you looking out i posted another forum let me know what you think? Any comments appreciated

Reactions: 1 user