Carb experts...help seriously needed

This is a bit long guys but want to give you all the background....
Vehicle is a 70 Mustang base, 302 2 barrel, Motorcraft 2100 carb.
Car sat for 2 years, when I bought it I was told fuel tank has been cleaned but nothing else. I flushed fuel lines, fuel pump, ect., rebuilt carb. Car ran like a champ. Until I put gas in it. Apparently I stirred up the crap in the (now I discover) un-cleaned out fuel tank. I pulled tank, it was shot, full of rust. Replaced tank, re-flushed fuel lines, fuel pump, etc., and again rebuilt carb. Got car running but rough. For some unknown reason, remembered that I failed to put gasket on power valve. Pulled carb, put gasket on power valve, re-installed carb. Now nothing. Won't start even with starter fluid. When it ran great before replacing tank, auto choke was set straight up, neither lean nor rich and idle mix screws were 2 turns out. Have repeated same as well as any number of other combinations...still nothing. I am at a loss. I have checked float, its within spec. I am getting gas squirting into carb when pressing accelerator. On the surface everything looks as it should. What am I missing?
I appreciate any and all ideas!

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, plenty of gas. Gas in carb bowl plentiful and clean. I believe the gunk is gone. Getting plenty of flow into carb when pressing accelerator. Checked spark again from coil, it was somewhat intermitten so I replaced coil. Same result...nothing.
But thanks!