Carbon fiber cowl hood on a fox

Sicarius428

Jan 6, 2004
I was curious of anybody had any pictures of a CF cowl hood on a fox. I would greatly appreciate it. I am looking at a VIS but cannot find one. Please save the rice comments... I am half chinese... not that I take offense, its just that I don't care if its rice or not. If I don't like the look... worse case I'll just paint it. Not a big deal. Price is just a tad more than a Cervini's which is what I was originally looking at. Thanks
Kevin

• Sponsors (?)

APC used to sell one. Looked awful, cost a ton, and thankfully became extinct. :ack: Carbon fiber is kinda pointless on anything but a black car, and even then you need to at least clear-coat the hood to keep it from turning green from UV exposure. There's no real benefit to CF over fiberglass for hoods, at least for Foxes. The weight difference is pretty much nil, but the added expense of CF is absurd. :notnice:

Skip on the CF and just go with a good 'glass hood. :nice:

They have a couple at Mr. Body Kit and its not that awful looking APC hood either; if I ever wanted to put a CF hood on my car I would have it painted so I would have CF racing stripes with a layer of clear to protect it.