Carbon fiber Mustang?

optionizerSS

Apr 23, 2023
Went to a cruise today and saw a couple of brand new Mustangs. Guy said they were carbon fiber and only weighed 2700lbs each. One was very dark purple, almost looked black, and the other was white. Cars looked very sweet. He said these are production cars?

• Sponsors (?)

The guy isn't that far from me so I'm sure I'll see the cars again. I'll get better pics and try to get more info. Either way they are sharp cars. Custom paint apparently as the one is a very dark purple metallic. I thought it was black until I got up close and it was daylight out so wasn't like the lighting was bad

The guy owns all 3. The blue one is a 2016 or something. It has a bunch of add-ons. He said the other 2 are stock as they came from the dealer. But I'm thinking maybe these were modded after they left the factory then sold?
IMG_2309.jpeg
IMG_2308.jpeg
IMG_2307.jpeg

I couldn't say if the dude's claims are good or bad. The only thing I can tell you is that the times I've seen carbon fiber either painted or wrapped, that you could still make out the unlerlying pattern of the carbon fiber.

Example:

1687273341843.png

1687273452162.png

So.... :shrug:

Reactions: 1 user
That does not look painted to me. That looks like either colored carbon fiber or the resin was colored.

I had a carbon fiber Invader hood that I had partially painted on a previous car of mine and you couldn't tell it from the painted metal parts of the car. In no way was the carbon fiber weave visible on the painted portion.

Those are GT500's. The top two are 2020+ and could be optioned out with a "carbon fiber track pack". Can't really tell from those pictures but the wheels would be carbon as well as other body parts like rear spoiler. These look stock. Bottom one is a 14+ GT500.

No way any of those cars weigh 2700 pounds. Those are 4000+ pound cars.

Here are the wheels on the CFTP GT500

1687286447111.png

EDIT: I can now see the wheels on each of the other cars in the pics. Those are in fact GT500's equipped with the Carbon Fiber Track Pack option

Reactions: 2 users