Suspension Caster/Camber plate issue

89notchDude

Apr 11, 2022
central NJ
I installed my SVE c/c plate on the passenger side and I replaced my oem strut to an SR Performance one. The instructions are kinda vague and the videos dont really help. I reused my strut boot with bump stop under it but it seems that it wont work with it on (the bottom of the strut wont move freely towards the rear of the car). Some sites are saying you cant use the boot. If i remove the boot, can i at least use a bump stop?

• Sponsors (?)

So this just arrived tonight. I got it from AmericanMuscle. I'm gonna see if this helps as its just basically a bump stop with a dust boot. The OEM one has that wider metal plate on top that seems to be the cause of my issue.
20220629_204945.jpg

Yes sheit can the boot and just use the bump stop
You could also search the town down for different boots
Like the big plastic muthas that come on Lincoln Continental or a Taurus strut
On the Ford setup the boot is atop the jounce bumper and is sandwiched between the jounce bumper and the lower strut washer
Knowing a guy like you..
You are going to be replacing the struts again before any dirt or debris will cause you an issue by not having a boot

Just a heads up. Alot of people say you cant run a strut boot with a C/C plate setup. I installed the above pictured boot from AmericanMuscle and it solved my problem. The strut can now move freely without interference from the metal plate on top of the OEM boot assembly. I feel alot better knowing debris won't be scoring the polished shaft. I used the original bump stop and placed the aftermarket boot over it.

Just a heads up. Alot of people say you cant run a strut boot with a C/C plate setup. I installed the above pictured boot from AmericanMuscle and it solved my problem. The strut can now move freely without interference from the metal plate on top of the OEM boot assembly. __________I feel alot better knowing debris won't be scoring the polished shaft._______ I used the original bump stop and placed the aftermarket boot over it.
There is a ct In there I'm sure of it.

That style of bump stop lasted about 1k miles on my setup with Steeda CCs before splitting all to hell. I ended up getting the Maximum Motorsports one and left the dust shields off.

If your bump stop or jounce bumper got split and fell off it would have been from low suspension riding on it
They are only supposed to hit when the suspension bottoms out
Once in a blue moon
Not constant ride
Not in my case. It’s because aftermarket CC plates don’t have the nice little cupped pocket like the factory strut mounts do so whenever the suspension bottoms they slam against the bottom of the CC plates that are just spherical bearings. That’s why Maximum Motorsports created these for cars with CC plates:
https://www.maximummotorsports.com/Bump-stops-for-MM-Caster-Camber-Plates-pair-P1010.aspx

Am I the only one that uses bump stops with my CC plates and coil overs. I don't use the bellows but the foam bump stop is trimmed down and used on both my front struts.

Glad you are using them sickfox (your struts will appreciate that)
The older ones were rubber and not the chicken sheit foam
I used to order them from Pep Boys when I needed them and Ford was overpriced (Ford parts wanted 35 bucks apiece for the Probe ones)

Reactions: 1 user