Catch can questions.

AngryH58

Member
Jun 28, 2026
7
1
11
PA
I am looking at catch cans for my blow through s/c setup. I need help on narrowing down my options. should I go for a closed duel input single output catch can style using both valve cover ports and attaching the output to the pcv input on the throttle body?

Is it recommended to only have the passenger side filtered and the driver side vented to atmosphere? If i vent to atmosphere on the driver side will there be a smell and/or oil in my engine bay?

Should I be pulling vacuum from both passenger and driver side valve cover vent ports to ensure proper operation?

I am looking for any insight on their own setups/recommendations on catch can setups and components.

Thanks in advance.
 
I run a Pre filter on pass side between intake tube and cam cover, and then a can on the driver side between the (preheated) pcv and intake. Needs to be a loop ideally or else it's not flowing correctly. pulls from driver side through intake tube/pass side then out driver side through catch can into intake. If a blow through you have metered air so you don't want to vent ideally.

Edit- Same setup/loop N/A or blown. Same 4v or 2v as well.