ccp front suspension kit

• Sponsors (?)

one guys told me that the upper control are is too big for standard rims and it hits? I'm also wondering how you handle the lower rad support since it is removed with the strut brace to install the kit? I also heard there is a problem with the ball joint install?
How do you like the kit.

thanks for nay help

Bossboys

one guys told me that the upper control are is too big for standard rims and it hits? I'm also wondering how you handle the lower rad support since it is removed with the strut brace to install the kit? I also heard there is a problem with the ball joint install?
How do you like the kit.

thanks for nay help

Bossboys
I have '18 rims so I cannot comment on that issue. Upper control arms are stock therefore I believe it shouldn't be a problem.
The lower radiator support is NOT removed, only the strut braces are removed. There are no problems with the integrity of the front end.
There is a minor problem with the lower ball joints - wheel knuckle sits very low on the ball joint, there a risk of knuckle hitting the low control arm at the lowest positions of the wheel. I replaced CCP-provided ball joint dust boot with a dust boot of the same size but much slimmer bottom lip - CCP dust boot is held in place by 1/4 inch thick retainer, and that retainer is hit by the knuckle.
I still need to do a proper wheel alignment, for now I kinda eyeballed the whole setup, but I love steering feel.

did you buy the whole kit cpp6770 or just the mini sub? im looking there too and haven't recieved a reply from tech either. looks like a decent kit for the coin comes with an integral power steering box coils caltracs etc.... but no specific list of parts or whats needed to complete it. Im trying to get something done this summer which will entail taking a week off and i really dont want to be hung up on missing parts....

I had a good experiences with PST when I wanted polygraphite sway bar bushings and end links. The tech strongly discouraged me from ordering until I measured the front bar for sure. Then the package shipped quickly. My next order also went well.

Why CPP in particular? I can see it if price is the driving factor...but the fact you are replacing a 3 dimensional structural member(strut rod braces) with a flat piece of sheet metal is not ideal. To be honest, I don't think doing so loses any real strength in that area since the strut rod braces are just tacked in place anyway, but still, its removal of a structural member to bolt on a LCA that is one piece...you would get the same actual effect from buying a set of adjustable strut rods and tubular LCAs and end up with less deflection because you wouldn't have any rubber bushings(or poly).

I am not convinced this is a superior option over Opentracker pieces for the price range....and certainly not a better option than SoT pieces....after all, both of those you can just unbolt if you ever want to return the car to stock.

Opentracker and SOT or any stock parts if sunday driver but it really depends on what you are doing.

Sunday driver, get stock parts maybe poly bushings and tighter springs.
Fun driver, see above
Hot Rod, here you get better shocks, roller perches, etc... stock or modified arms for strength
Race or Just because, Maier Racing ultimate front end. Yeah its money but its worth it.