cd receivers

• Sponsors (?)

I love my Alpine. They make several models that look similar but differ in internal versus external amps and a few other features. The faceplate is large and easy to read and at the push of a button it folds down so you slide the CD in behind it.

I suggest you get an MP3 capable unit. Because of the compressed format, I have 12 albums on a single CD. I don't need the 6 CD changer.

Radio

Mines the Pioneer DEH-P6300. The new mosel that is out which took it's place is the 6500.
It's been really dependable and has tons of good features like XM ready (had XM for a while :nice: ), the graphic display, and subwoofer controlls.

I've got a Sony C90...one of the decks Sony made before they started putting out crap...

I love it..all digital through a 210EQ, no internal amp, no fancy display, just great sound in a simple package

BTW, this isn't my pic...just grabbed it off ebay:
Sony2.JPG

1bad302 said:
Pioneer has always been a favorite of mine....stay away from Sony, they call them "explode" for a reason

True, unless you can find a c90 or c910. But like I said, those were made before they came out with all that Xplod crap.

I did have good luck with a Pioneer though. Had the Premier 840MP, until it was stolen...it was a nice HU.

My only complaint with Alpines is that I personally find almost all of them really ugly. Otherwise, they are quality HUs as well.

Alpine makes nice dvd units with the small LCD's. Not a big fan of their CD players though, they look butt....pioneer has the best looking HU's, and they are really reliable. the ONLY problem i had with my unit is that it was part of a production batch that used a faultly plastic on the volume button...the oils from your skin eventually corrode the material and leave holes in it... :puke:

1bad302 said:
Alpine makes nice dvd units with the small LCD's. Not a big fan of their CD players though, they look butt....pioneer has the best looking HU's, and they are really reliable. the ONLY problem i had with my unit is that it was part of a production batch that used a faultly plastic on the volume button...the oils from your skin eventually corrode the material and leave holes in it... :puke:
If your going for looks, get what you want... If you want good sound ... well then go with alpine...

IndyBlk5.0 said:
If your going for looks, get what you want... If you want good sound ... well then go with alpine...

The digital playback is the same for most units, you couldnt tell the difference.
go for the looks, get a pioneer and like he said, go to ebay for a nice selection of (mostly) stolen $hit