centerforce dual friction users opinions needed

• Sponsors (?)

No clutch chatter on mine and and yes... it does grab and it does hold tight but it's nothing like a Spec III. It's a heavy duty clutch that still gives you the ability to feather it.

Whether you break your tranny or not will be up to you. I completely wrecked my stock T-5 with a Centerforce because of how I drove it and the amount of power I was putting down. Be nice the tranny, an it will be fine.

I just replaced my worn out DF disc with a Light metal disk from Centerforce (a step up from the DF). Its just plain nasty. Just and good as the DF but has 100 more horsepower on the rating. The 347 sure is giving it hell though.

P.S. I beat on my first DF disc for 2 years with the 12 second 308 I had before. Great clutch IMHO.

mcclean said:
I just replaced my worn out DF disc with a Light metal disk from Centerforce (a step up from the DF). Its just plain nasty. Just and good as the DF but has 100 more horsepower on the rating. The 347 sure is giving it hell though.

P.S. I beat on my first DF disc for 2 years with the 12 second 308 I had before. Great clutch IMHO.

I had the light metal disk in mine. Wore it out with 1 pass at the track (yep, 4 runs is all it took to wear it down to nothing). King Cobra before that was perfect and the Pro Motion setup I got now is awesome.

Will NEVER buy another centerforce AGAIN!!

I'll vote for a promotionpowertrain.com clutch!

I used a centerforce df for 5 yrs in an awd dsm running 12's doing 1.6 60 ft's. and I never had a problem, I now have a stang and it has a df and IMO the are the best clutches if you know how to drive a stick shift car and not ride the clutch at stop lights. If a clutch goes out in no time it is out of adjustment, over its power rating, or needs a new driver, not to pi$$ anyone off but that is how it is.

90lxboost'n said:
I used a centerforce df for 5 yrs in an awd dsm running 12's doing 1.6 60 ft's. and I never had a problem, I now have a stang and it has a df and IMO the are the best clutches if you know how to drive a stick shift car and not ride the clutch at stop lights. If a clutch goes out in no time it is out of adjustment, over its power rating, or needs a new driver, not to pi$$ anyone off but that is how it is.

:OT:

Mind you this is not a Dual Friction setup. I thought i mentioned above that it was a LIGHT METAL disk.

Just for comparison when I had my King Cobra. Because I had a stock driveline at the time and 400+ rwhp with slicks, I was able to get 1.7 60's out of it slipping the poop out of it with no problems. Now I got a built driveline (with the Centerforce at the time) and didn't slip the clutch at all, just a quick release and I was gone. At the end of the track on EVERY run I had to readjust the clutch until the 4th time when I had to leave the track cause the clutch adjustment was all used up. Pulled it out, put the new Pro motion setup in and no problems since. Car was driven the same time, everytime except with the King Cobra when I slipped it hard and it still has 80% of it's life left (mind you 20+ runs on it also).

Therefore 90lxboost'n, my clutch was junk! :D