• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Changed heatercore, now airbag light is flashing.

  • Thread starter Thread starter BlackFox5.0
  • Start date Start date Sep 20, 2004

BlackFox5.0

Founding Member
Aug 7, 2000
3,514
1
0
Massachusetts
Sep 20, 2004
#1
  • Sep 20, 2004
  • #1
I had some trouble getting the dash back in, I just pulled it back, no need to take it out totally. I know I should have disconnected the battery but I didn't. I should have I know.....

Anyways i noticed that the back up power supply was above the glove box behind the dash, and I remember it being loose so I fix how it was, and put the dash in. I started the car to make sure the HVAC box worked (I swapped the one from my old GT in it) and I didn't put in the gauge cluster yet, or much anything because I wanted to make sure the box worked before I put everything together. Anyways when I started it i heard a buzzer that would buzz, shut off, and buzz, over and over again. I figured it was the backup warning for the airbag since I didn't have the cluster in.

I think everything is plugged in. I looked quickly. I've got the backup power box taken out of the car, and it looks ok I suppose. Should I reset the car by unplugging the battery for a while, or what? I'm really upset about this because I hate dealing with that damn bag.
 

BlackFox5.0

Founding Member
Aug 7, 2000
3,514
1
0
Massachusetts
Sep 20, 2004
#2
  • Sep 20, 2004
  • #2
I dissconnected the negative side of the battery and left it for at least 30mins, and plugged in the back up power. I just went back out connected the battery and started it, and the light is still flashing......
 

BlackFox5.0

Founding Member
Aug 7, 2000
3,514
1
0
Massachusetts
Sep 20, 2004
#3
  • Sep 20, 2004
  • #3
I found out that the flashing was actaully the air bag diagnostic system displying a code, It was flashing 3 times, and accorrding to www.veryuseful.com that code means I have low battery voltage (not really possible) or low backup power voltage for the airbag. My father said I should just give it a while to charge back up, But I think it's probably dead since it is all beat up the casing is cracked and exposes the PCB. Maybe it shorted out or something while I was toying with it. Anyways, I'm glad I was able to pinpoint it, thanks to jrichker and Stangplus2Birds for thier site.

If it doesn't fix the problem by waiting for it to charge I'll have to grab one from a junkyard if they still work?

I hope maybe this thread can help someone in the furture (or present).
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Electrical Code 29 again
  • Creomod
  • Jul 31, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
272
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 3, 2026
Creomod
Alternator not charging
  • SchwarzStock
  • Jul 6, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
169
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 19, 2026
SchwarzStock
E
2007 GT Stalls when lights or a/c turned on
  • ejscarfo
  • Jun 22, 2026
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
3
Views
241
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Saturday at 5:19 PM
manicmechanic007
Resolved 93 Mustang 5.0 - Cranks but does not start
  • dan50
  • Jul 18, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
344
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 18, 2026
dan50
F
Electrical From scratch: alternator wiring
  • fox racer v2
  • Jun 23, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
639
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jun 23, 2025
fox racer v2
F
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?