• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Changed injectors, now it won't start!

  • Thread starter Thread starter speedracer67
  • Start date Start date Jun 4, 2004

speedracer67

New Member
Nov 8, 2003
15
0
0
Pittsburgh, PA
Jun 4, 2004
#1
  • Jun 4, 2004
  • #1
Hello all,


I have a mostly stock '96 GT,. Today, I changed my stock injectors for ones from a police cruiser. Here's the ebay link for the auction: Ebay Link

They're both 19# injectors, one is the old design, and one is the pencil-type. The harnesses are the same. Everything came out and went back together just fine, but when it came time to start the car after reconnecting the fuel pump, the engine turns, and I get a little ignition, but it won't start.

Was I a dummy in trying to use these injectors?

 

SCORPION

New Member
Mar 2, 2004
386
0
0
Seaford, DE
Jun 4, 2004
#2
  • Jun 4, 2004
  • #2
did you calibrate your MAF sensor?
 

speedracer67

New Member
Nov 8, 2003
15
0
0
Pittsburgh, PA
Jun 4, 2004
#3
  • Jun 4, 2004
  • #3
No, I didn't think I needed to if I was switching for the same injector flow (aka 19# for 19#).
 

speedracer67

New Member
Nov 8, 2003
15
0
0
Pittsburgh, PA
Jun 4, 2004
#4
  • Jun 4, 2004
  • #4
ttt
 
H

HIGDON

New Member
Nov 2, 2003
241
0
0
Ft. Hood, TX
Jun 4, 2004
#5
  • Jun 4, 2004
  • #5
Are you sure they work? Are you sure you didn't unplug anything else?? It takes a few seconds for the fuel to fill the rail after they've been emptied. Why did you swap them out in the first place, did your stockers go bad??
 

speedracer67

New Member
Nov 8, 2003
15
0
0
Pittsburgh, PA
Jun 4, 2004
#6
  • Jun 4, 2004
  • #6
No, I'm not positive they work. My stockers have been giving me problems, so I thought I'd replace them without spending a fortune. I just put the stockers back in and it fires right up now, so it has to be something with these injectors, either being bad or incompatible or something else.
 

Stangt00

New Member
Oct 6, 2003
50
0
0
Jun 4, 2004
#7
  • Jun 4, 2004
  • #7
Have you checked the fuel cutoff siwtch in the trunk?
 

speedracer67

New Member
Nov 8, 2003
15
0
0
Pittsburgh, PA
Jun 4, 2004
#8
  • Jun 4, 2004
  • #8
Yes, I did check the switch(see above). The fuel pump was and is working just fine.
 
2

2002BLGT

Well-Known Member
Dec 18, 2003
2,945
4
59
Bedford VA
Jun 4, 2004
#9
  • Jun 4, 2004
  • #9
im sure someone on here will have a set of used stockers in good shape that actually work , sound like you bought some fried ones man .
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

B
Electrical Why does my fox body keep frying eecs
  • brandyn200
  • Jun 20, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
396
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jun 25, 2026
AeroCoupe
F
1986 mustang no start
  • foxyjamss221
  • Oct 11, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
371
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Oct 13, 2025
foxyjamss221
F
Resolved 93 Mustang 5.0 - Cranks but does not start
  • dan50
  • Jul 18, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
355
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 18, 2026
dan50
T
Help with a 95 5L crank no start
  • TheBubbaJoe
  • Nov 4, 2025
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Replies
3
Views
510
1994 - 1995 Specific Tech Nov 5, 2025
AeroCoupe
A
Resolved 03 GT Parasitic Draw Fuse 26 (PCM)
  • Antrix
  • Mar 22, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
833
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Mar 24, 2025
89ripper
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?