• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Changed plugs, now car is dying instantly after starting it

  • Thread starter Thread starter Highroller
  • Start date Start date Dec 7, 2003
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2

98LazerGT

New Member
Sep 17, 2003
47
0
0
San Diego
Dec 9, 2003
#21
  • Dec 9, 2003
  • #21
My friend's stock MAF was something like $60 w/exchange from Kragen. Do you have an engine light on at all? I don't know who much an MAF from Ford would cost. You may want to do the swap thing before buying one to see if that fixes it.
 
H

Highroller

Founding Member
Oct 18, 2002
320
0
0
Vegas
Dec 9, 2003
#22
  • Dec 9, 2003
  • #22
Well guys,

I want to thank you again for all helping out, I have fixed the problem.. and believe it or not, it came out that a PCV valve was not in all the way. After switching MAF's with my friend and it not working, I was going to take out each plug and check the gap. When I took off the intake hose that connects to the throttle body I noticed the PCV valve under the intake was only half on, when I touched it, it feel off. I put it on.. threw my intake hose back on and it started right up.

Well hopefully this thread gets alot of use.. I can say it has everything to check if your car won't idle..

Thanks again guys
 

Screwed2V

New Member
Aug 6, 2003
1,255
1
0
Misery
Dec 9, 2003
#23
  • Dec 9, 2003
  • #23
Glad to hear you got it fixed. Nothing worse than a broken down car.
 

COramprat

...I can take it. I think.
20+ Year Stangneter
Mar 2, 2003
8,474
1,463
223
Sea of Tranquility
Dec 9, 2003
#24
  • Dec 9, 2003
  • #24
Highroller said:
Well I switched the IAC valve, and the same problem is still there..

I don't see how, but maybe I switched the coil packs around on the wrong spark plugs?? I don't see how cause they really can't move around.. I mean to stretch one to another COP and not notice would be hard

im going to go buy new plugs, and make sure there gapped at .54 and try it then.. if that fails... I'm pushing my car in Lake Mead
Click to expand...
Oh oh...Do I still have to give up the nut? I've grown to like it. About the PCV valve I guess I should have suggested to check any hoses and the like on your air intake as well. One of the hoses on mine came loose and I rode to work before I figured out what it was.
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

9
1997 gt Starts then dies a few seconds after.
  • 97orange
  • Aug 13, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
5
Views
204
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Aug 17, 2026
97orange
9
B
Resolved Crank no start after engine swap
  • biggrim
  • Sep 12, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
67
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 12, 2026
biggrim
B
F
2004 Mustang GT – Fuel Pump Not Priming
  • Fayio
  • Apr 22, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
438
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Apr 27, 2026
n0v8or
N
S
92 5.0 almost starts
  • Steverino
  • Sep 23, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
162
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 25, 2026
General karthief
Electrical problem plug in the drivers kick panel
  • Mindseye007
  • Aug 16, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
170
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 16, 2026
Mindseye007
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?