Changing Gauges 4 eyed fox help

I am changing out the gauges in my 85 and was wondering if anyone else has done the same? I am going to the Autometer ultralite gauges and am going to get my fuel level gauge, i need to know which wire comeing out of the harness is the one for the fuel level sender.

• Sponsors (?)

Yellow/White from the sender to a diode then turns light blue until the low level warning switch then it turns into Black/light green before making it's way to the fuel gauge.

Daggar said:
Yellow/White from the sender to a diode then turns light blue until the low level warning switch then it turns into Black/light green before making it's way to the fuel gauge.

:stupid: i've done this swap, if you don't mind spending about $50, painless makes a gage swap harness that would (I'm betting) make the swap alot simpler...wish I would've seen it before I swapped over to my Phantoms...I've got a pic if you'd like to take a look

I know you can remove the stock gauges and reuse the bezel with autometer gauges. Looks pretty factory but functions alot better. Search on www.foureyedpride.com for links. Theres been a few total gauge swaps on that site. Good Luck.
Joe E.
I just installed 2 new Ultralight gauges in my 85. Oil PSI and temp. Both mech. 2 5/8". Very nice stuff.

doesn't four eyed pride have a sheetmetal gage panel already cut for bigger gages?

...i just used the stock one, and had to do a little bit of "customization"...but it all fits well, and looks good...

hope this comes out...

Attachments

• smallgage.jpg
    smallgage.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 86