Cheaper Alternative To The 255... And It Flows More

srtthis

the guy doing it does every local racers rear end
15 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-for...and-i-will-tell-you-where-to-get-them.854609/

ive known this for awhile and kind of figured its common knowlege... we used these with great results in the 03/04 cobras and used them in a bunch of other cars also with the same results.

anyway for the details

avator flows 80-90 GPH which is 302-340LPH. im still looking for this as a direct pump swap like the focus. but its 228.99
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/pa.../N-jlgltZ8vcz2?itemIdentifier=897956_173920_0_

focus flows 55-75GPH which is 208-284LPH 65.99
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/pa...ovZ8vcz2?itemIdentifier=867920_200273_0_46033

i have been meening to replace my pump so i will be picking one of these up soon. its been a few years since ive used one but IIRC its a 100% direct swap
BTW i added it here since i know most of the fox guys dont drift off into the 94-95 section much

• Sponsors (?)

The only problem with this is that Airtex is a Lowest-Bidder company. This specific pump might be made by Walbro today but that doesn't mean that the one you pick up tomorrow will be the same pump.

If you choose this route, make sure that the pump you THINK you're getting is really the pump you expected.

I wouldn't give a plug nickel for an Airtex pump unless I was 100% sure that the one I had in my hand is a Walbro. Airtex markets pumps from just about every manufacturer on the planet no matter how good or bad.

Damn, where were you when I needed a fuel pump!

Interestingly enough (208+284)/2=246 LPH. So, what, 3-4% off a 255 LPH? Makes me wonder if it isn't the exact same pump design as the 255 that everyone puts in their cars.

Interestingly enough (208+284)/2=246 LPH. So, what, 3-4% off a 255 LPH? Makes me wonder if it isn't the exact same pump design as the 255 that everyone puts in their cars.

prob not paying attention...

We specifically hid these threads from you until you were done searching.

Also... wonder if that airtex is a high pressure pump.

I used to work at Advance for 5 years and cant even tell you how man Airtex fuel pumps I've seen come back. I'd rather pay 30 bucks more and get a 255 walbro online.

I used to work at Advance for 5 years and cant even tell you how man Airtex fuel pumps I've seen come back. I'd rather pay 30 bucks more and get a 255 walbro online.

I was told that O'Reilleys (sp?) has stopped doing business with them because of all of the returns. This scenario is a little different though... If you can no-kidding, determine the source for one of their pumps then it's a little different than getting a pump from one of their pot-luck manufacturers. Just have to be sure it's the one you wanted.

Funny how we always have the money to do it right the 2nd time. lol I'd rather spend the extra few bucks, get the name brand and not have to worry about doing the same job twice. just sayin.....
Or just open the box to make sure it's a walbro.... It's stamped right on the side.

As for the aeromotive pump... I'd never run an aeromotive. On anything! Only reason I run an aeromotive FPR is they don't make a better rail mount

It might be a good piece but I've seen to many a1000s burn up and I watched steve petty replace a aeromotive belt drive pump and had to flush the entire fuel system to get all the metal out of it. 7 of the injectors were clogged. Woul have been a quick end to a 70k proline motor

In fairness... the majority of the A1000 armageddon threads I've come across have been folks who mounted them improperly (i.e. higher than the sump). It's not to say that there aren't legitimate failures but some at least are operator error.