• Mustang Forums
  • Special Production

Roush Cheapest Place to Buy Ford Racing Gears?

  • Thread starter Thread starter wsbrigham
  • Start date Start date Mar 6, 2006

wsbrigham

New Member
Jun 2, 2005
320
0
0
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Mar 6, 2006
#1
  • Mar 6, 2006
  • #1
Looks like I ate-up the R&P in my rearend and need to get some new gears. Where might I find the best deal on some Ford Racing 3.73's?

Thanks for the help!
 

justin

Founding Member
Oct 7, 1998
416
0
0
Westville,IL
Mar 6, 2006
#2
  • Mar 6, 2006
  • #2
www.buyfordracing.com They have the best deal that I have seen.
 

wsbrigham

New Member
Jun 2, 2005
320
0
0
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Mar 6, 2006
#3
  • Mar 6, 2006
  • #3
justin said:
www.buyfordracing.com They have the best deal that I have seen.
Click to expand...

Thanks for the info!!!

I just checked-out their site and they have great deals. Looks like they are the place to go.
 

justin

Founding Member
Oct 7, 1998
416
0
0
Westville,IL
Mar 6, 2006
#4
  • Mar 6, 2006
  • #4
I just checked out JMSchip.com also. They have about the same prices too. The shipping is the same for both places also. I'm also getting ready to order some 3.73's.
 

wsbrigham

New Member
Jun 2, 2005
320
0
0
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Mar 6, 2006
#5
  • Mar 6, 2006
  • #5
justin said:
I just checked out JMSchip.com also. They have about the same prices too. The shipping is the same for both places also. I'm also getting ready to order some 3.73's.
Click to expand...

I also found the gears at Summit Racing for $164 which includes 2nd day air.
 

justin

Founding Member
Oct 7, 1998
416
0
0
Westville,IL
Mar 6, 2006
#6
  • Mar 6, 2006
  • #6
That isn't too bad either. The 3.73's shipped to me UPS ground from Buyfordracing comes out to $157. Still that is a pretty awesome deal. Most places are wanting $160 plus $20-$25 shipping charge.
 

S281SC#08

New Member
Aug 21, 2005
456
0
0
Clovis, NM
Mar 7, 2006
#7
  • Mar 7, 2006
  • #7
Dang Billy you just bought that car. sounds like you are having fun in it.
 

wsbrigham

New Member
Jun 2, 2005
320
0
0
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Mar 7, 2006
#8
  • Mar 7, 2006
  • #8
S281SC#08 said:
Dang Billy you just bought that car. sounds like you are having fun in it.
Click to expand...

I'm definitely having fun, though my pocketbook isn't. I wish someone would pay me for my experiments

Anyhow, I knew my drivetrain would be the weakpoint with the HP I now have, but I thouhgt I might have atleast a months worth of fun before things started to go south. I really didn't expect the gears to get thrashed. Now I'm thinking I should just spend the cash for a T-5 or T-6 because that's probably what's going to fail next.
 

S281SC#08

New Member
Aug 21, 2005
456
0
0
Clovis, NM
Mar 7, 2006
#9
  • Mar 7, 2006
  • #9
Look on the bright side you will have more fun with the new gears and tranny.
 

justin

Founding Member
Oct 7, 1998
416
0
0
Westville,IL
Mar 7, 2006
#10
  • Mar 7, 2006
  • #10
Well I went ahead and ordered my 3.73's from Summit Racing. They had the best price. It was $153 shipped.
 

wsbrigham

New Member
Jun 2, 2005
320
0
0
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Mar 7, 2006
#11
  • Mar 7, 2006
  • #11
I decided to get the gears from CJ's Pony Parts - I got the Ford Racing gears and the rebuild kit (including all the bearings and shims) for $200.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

B
Idler pulley as substitute for Power Steering Pump ?
  • Bhenders
  • Jul 15, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
5
Views
260
Other Auto Tech Jul 16, 2026
LILCBRA
S
Best place to source power steering parts for a '67? (control valve, ram, hoses)
  • SophiaTatum
  • Jun 15, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
2
Views
150
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Jun 18, 2026
SophiaTatum
S
W
Speedometer and shifting issues
  • wyatt-tetro891
  • Aug 17, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
213
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 18, 2026
wyatt-tetro891
W
9
1994 Mustang GT 5.0 L Convertible
  • 94ns95
  • Jun 17, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
311
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 19, 2026
94ns95
9
Drivetrain 8.8 trac lok spider gears..
  • rednotch
  • Oct 28, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
399
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Oct 28, 2025
rednotch
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • Special Production
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?