Check out what I picked up

• Sponsors (?)

Fair enough. Looks like they are still around. Has anyone ever used that site to buy stuff? It came up over and over again but to me it looked almost too good. Good prices and every type of part you could imagine, as in they probably don't stock it and source it once you order it. Could be wrong though.

Well I ordered the rest of the hardware, water pump, lifters, etc. and all that is shipping right away. I really wanted to try and make a lot of progress this weekend on it but I received this message from Anderson after they told me last week it was going to ship.

"Unfortunate events happened at the manufacturing facility and I have no ETA on when I'll be getting my cams in. Hoping before the end of the month but cannot be certain anymore"

Not sure if I should cancel the order and go a different route, but the cam made the combo. Thoughts?

• Surprised
Reactions: 1 user
Well I'm pretty much at a stopping point until cam and other parts come in. But heads bolted down. First of the new goodies.
20200823_093019.jpg
20200823_093007.jpg
20200823_083954.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
If Anderson has no suggestion for a good substitution, I’d call a Cam Hotline and get what they reccomend for your combo. Crower Cams (Shane) had a custom ground made for my newest project, but there should be an in stock, standard grind available for this 5.0.

Thanks guys. I was just getting ready to pull the trigger on another cam and low and behold I received a shipping confirmation from Anderson! Woot woot. Looks like I am back in business. Hopefully can make some good progress this weekend.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user
Got the cam in, valvetrain installed and front buttoned up. Ironically I didn't end up going with the intake that started this thread. Have a holly systemax on its way :banana:

Just need to get the intake on and headers bolted back in (new bolts on the way) and should be time to button everything up. Still need to cut the hole for the power pipe though. Have most of the stuff to convert the carb valve covers to a closed system on the way. These just looked too good. This has been pretty fun. Hope it starts haha.

Also took the 911 for its inspection. My favorite part of owning that car is going to the dealership. So many drool worthy cars. The 700hp GT2RS is amazing!

20200920_142925.jpg

IMG_20200913_160006_994.jpg

20200913_102513.jpg

20200919_093145.jpg

IMG_20200919_112029_791.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200919_112029_793.jpg
    IMG_20200919_112029_793.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: 2 users
Uhhhm, I’m short a few cymbals to match that set up, even with two drum sets.
The first 8 measures and most of the parts where he is not out doing the vocals is doable, but I think sticks would fly or I’d dislocate something shortly after the first eight measures.

View: https://youtu.be/7dSKwfTisEs

I can do that....for the first 8 measures......

Here is where she currently sits. Waiting on a 1" spacer from summit to arrive to clear the taller vc's. I think its going to look sick when its done though. Getting so close now. Can't wait to fire this up.

20201003_074722.jpg

Reactions: 5 users