ChEVY 350 in a sn95 Please dont hurt me....

GearheadZ

Oct 24, 2010
let me just start out by saying that we aren't Chevy or ford guys , we're loyal to horsepower. So we have a 1998 mustang gt vert that isn't as fast as we'd like it to be and like wow....there's this Chevy 350 laying around and wholly crap....I see a couple of turbos on the shelf too...hmmm.... Has anyone done this before? We are thinkin of selling the 4.6 drivetrain to finance this endeavor and would like to put our feelers out there to see how the community reacts LOL! We have been building engines forever as well as fabrication and aren't n003s by any stretch. any input would be appreciated!
Thx guys and hopefully we wont get stabbed in the neck by all you ford guys!! LOL!:lol::jaw::jaw::jaw:

• Sponsors (?)

i saw a build thread one time of someone who put a twin turboed LS1 into a 2002 (i think) mustang. it was AWESOME. the only way to make a ford run is with a chevy engine :) we have a 31 ford 5 window coupe with a built 400 in it and a 32 ford 3 window coupe with a built 454 :)

i saw a build thread one time of someone who put a twin turboed LS1 into a 2002 (i think) mustang. it was AWESOME. the only way to make a ford run is with a chevy engine :) we have a 31 ford 5 window coupe with a built 400 in it and a 32 ford 3 window coupe with a built 454 :)

:Zip2: :D

Meh. Your rod sounds spiffy but for modern iron I'd have to say that if you really feel the need for pushrods then a smarter solution that wouldn't involve contaminating the gene pool would be a built 351 with some decent heads. Throw a couple of GT3582 turbos at it (or even T3s) and you'd have a heckuva setup.

strike2b.jpg

AJE makes a K member for Chevy swapped Mustangs. They sell them with appropriate A Arms and Coil Overs too. If you want the turbos you probably need a tubular K member to route the piping.

Someone here locally had a single turbo LS1 in a V6 chassis and it ran some sub 10's before he sold it..

:Zip2: :D

Meh. Your rod sounds spiffy but for modern iron I'd have to say that if you really feel the need for pushrods then a smarter solution that wouldn't involve contaminating the gene pool would be a built 351 with some decent heads. Throw a couple of GT3582 turbos at it (or even T3s) and you'd have a heckuva setup.

strike2b.jpg
:rock:we have the intercooler/piping/manifolds for a chevy small block already so instead of investing a ton of $$$ into a 351 we're gonna do the 350 swap.:rock::spot::cheers: and we love "contaminating the gene pool":stick: it's what we do LOL!