Chevy guys were whining, complaining, and getting beat -at least for awhile

stock50LX

Curmudgeon
Founding Member
Oct 2, 2001
University Place, WA
Some different perspectives on the CCC race at PR

After going a couple rounds in the Car Club Challenge last night, the handlers told me that the Camaro owners were complaining that I was running open exhaust, thus my car wasn't street legal. The car has a full exhaust system, but I have cutouts, so after removing three wingnuts from each side, the exhaust is open. Technically, I guess they have a point, with the cut-outs off, the car is loud and would likely draw a ticket. However, my '89 is most certainly licensed and legal. I guess they wanted to slow me down. I can watch these Chevies leave first while I wait at the line for them to redlight. Non of the Chevies (a bunch of LS1's and some Vettes are always there) were running 11's, but two Fords were! Anyway, I capped the exhaust, and on the next pass I ran 11's, on a 12.1 dial in. Naturally, I lost that next round by breaking-out. A horrible reaction time might have had something to do with it, too.

• Sponsors (?)

stock50LX said:
I can watch these Chevies leave first while I wait at the line for them to redlight. Being faster, I can chase them down and win by a small margin. Non of the Chevies (a bunch of LS1's and Vettes are always there) were running 11's, but two Fords were!

When are those silly LS1 owners going to realize what it takes to run an 11 sec 1320'...

Sheeesh!

The nerve of those fooools even thinking thinking their cars are in the same league is just ridiculous!

SSinfull said:
When are those silly LS1 owners going to realize what it takes to run an 11 sec 1320'...

Sheeesh!

The nerve of those fooools even thinking thinking their cars are in the same league is just ridiculous!

Well, there seems to be a lack of sportsmanship, but no lack of presumption from those "unbeatable" Chevy guys. And if you do beat them, they whine or minimize your performance with sarcasm. Now I've had both.

You are on a Mustang site.

Don't put words in my mouth or falsly attribute statements that I did not make. By the same token, credit a good performance when it is made.

Well I hope to make one of the car club races, and I hope to make them whiners that buy that deceptive slogun crap whine loudly.
An american revolution :rlaugh:
Wish we could have found my cars problem sooner last night, cause me thinks we could have wiped them out.
Well thanks for your help last night.(stock50lx) glad to have found the problem. :)

white 89 GT said:
Well I hope to make one of the car club races, and I hope to make them whiners that buy that deceptive slogun crap whine loudly.
An american revolution :rlaugh:
Wish we could have found my cars problem sooner last night, cause me thinks we could have wiped them out.
Well thanks for your help last night.(stock50lx) glad to have found the problem. :)

I was happy to help. It's alway gratifying to help fellow racers go faster or solve problems.
Now, if I could figure out why my '87 is so anemic recently...

SSinfull said:
:jaw: OMG no way could this be a mustang site! Why didn't someone tell me for christs sake!

Now irony, I can deal with...

It is a Mustang site at times, but only after discussing front license plate legislation, speeding tickets, insulting a select few members and addressing foreign policy.

I see a lot of that sort of thing on the tracks over the years. Personally, I like to be a good sport, and friendly to everyone. I'll help a chevy guy get his car fixed and on the track just like I'd help a ford guy. We're all there for the same reason, I dont see much of a reason to be a jerk. But, they will always be out there I guess!

Its the mopar guys that are super religious. They look at you like peed on their shoes when a mustang guy comes up to talk to em!

Thanks Tyler. I wrote an explanation on their site. The winner of the competition was the guy that I lost to -I broke out after cutting a terrible light. Here is what the winner wrote and my answer.

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Thank you..Thank you very much

It was a good night. The race with Bill is ALWAYS a good race and it turns out I beat him by a mear .002 of a second Best race of the night against one of the best damn racers out there! It took two years for this rematch and it was worth the wait!

Next best part was taking ALL of the "W" cars in the 1/4s! it went three up and three down in a row! The one I raced (a 11 second 'Stang)pulled every trick in the book before the lights came down! From waiting for me to burn out to stalling every where along the way on the tree to loosing because he was to busy playing tricks !!

He messed around so long I totally blocked him out and beat him at his own game right there at the starting line! I had a 2/10th lead right out of the gate!

A very SWEET Victory!

N.W. F-Body was in full glory tonight! from the great people that came out to play to the great sportsman ship that was carried through the night. I mean come on how many other teams/clubs would offer up one of the best cars to the best driver in another club??? We did! Mark Loaned his 12 second T/A to Don Berry to race tonight! It does not get any better then that!! ...Well except taking out Don Berry in the first round with a better light

Weather I won or not tonight it was a GREAT NW F-Body showing!!!

First, I'd like to congratulate the CCC winner. You had to drive well and consistently to win that competition. There were some experienced drivers present.

Next, I'd like to dispel some rumors: As one of the "W" cars, we too, were pleased with our results. Only four of us were present for the races and three of us made it to the third round. Naturally we'd like to do better, but we cannot claim to be experts, and all the Mustangs are stick shift cars. Also, as the owner of the 11 second Mustang referred to above, I used no tricks. I just got ready as soon as I could. In fact, I try to be as considerate as my limited knowledge of racing protocol allows. My reaction time was terrible (I don't know what happened) making a win virtually hopeless. That third race presented an interesting problem. I was uncertain what to dial as someone had complained about my open exhaust. My car is most definitely a street car, equipped with full exhaust and cut-outs. I had only run the car with the cut-outs unplugged, so I had to guess at how much the use of full exhaust would change my time. It's funny though, no one had complained up to that point, in spite of my two practice runs. But that has nothing to do with me losing that race. My poor reaction time was the reason for the loss and, of course, Ellis drove a tight race and broke-out by less than me.

I just answered a post on the LS1 site. The author was the guy who won the event. He was very gracious. It is clear that the LS1 crowd is tight-knit and enthusiastic about the CCC competition. I wish we could get a little of that going on this site.

it was some time ago but I was actualy doing good in the bracket race it was chevy vs ford at woodburn and it came down to my 93 stang and a 70 chevelle I think. well I did not adjust my dial in when I should have since the time between rounds was less the car was still hot so it slowed down. it was the finall needless to say he beat me and I took 2nd place. after the race I went up to him to shake his hand and say good race all the jerk did was say what ever and turned his back on me :notnice: I like all brands of cars I just happen to perfer the mustang :D

It's fun to poke at each other every now and then, but some of the levels of car religion at the track is way beyond lame.

I was paired up (heads up) with a Chevelle several times which had a large cowl hood, cam, etc. He kept running mid 14s to my crappy 13.8. He had a Chevy jacket, hat the works. Went up to him after one of the runs to see what all is done, just BS since we've been racing each other several times in a row. He glared at me like I'm not human and turned his back. :shrug:

Whatever dude.

Tylerb59 said:
It's fun to poke at each other every now and then, but some of the levels of car religion at the track is way beyond lame.

I was paired up (heads up) with a Chevelle several times which had a large cowl hood, cam, etc. He kept running mid 14s to my crappy 13.8. He had a Chevy jacket, hat the works. Went up to him after one of the runs to see what all is done, just BS since we've been racing each other several times in a row. He glared at me like I'm not human and turned his back. :shrug:

Whatever dude.

We need you for the Ford Drag Team. The next competition is the 24th of June.

Stock50LX, hey who was there on the ford drag team? I kinda figured Kent was there with the red fastback. Was Mike there with his cyclone?

Man its tough to get down there alot living 100+ miles away from both tracks. But I do plan on getting in on a few CCC races as soon as possible. Feinding to get my track fix.

stock50LX said:
We need you for the Ford Drag Team. The next competition is the 24th of June.

I'm not real happy with my car right now, and I haven't made any passes in it at all, let alone bracket racing (not normally my cup of tea) but I could probably be there.

The car still has the AOD in it, so it will probably be slow, but consistant. :shrug: