• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Chin Spoiler Install

  • Thread starter Thread starter 85MustGT
  • Start date Start date Apr 3, 2004

85MustGT

Founding Member
Nov 8, 2001
95
0
16
Occupied San Diego
Apr 3, 2004
#1
  • Apr 3, 2004
  • #1
Just got it!
Any tips on installing it so its straight?
What size holes do I drill?
Me
 

supastang03

Member
Mar 17, 2004
214
0
16
Miami/Gainesville UF
Apr 3, 2004
#2
  • Apr 3, 2004
  • #2
use masking tape to hold it up on the front chin of the car. by doing this u can play with it alot and get the chin to the exact spot u want it. after just start drilling it into place (take off masking tape last).
 

sveet

Founding Member
Jun 8, 2002
703
0
0
Snow Belt!
Apr 3, 2004
#3
  • Apr 3, 2004
  • #3
I just put mine on this morning.

There were 3 push type fastenrs already attached to the spoiler. The fasternes that I bought as a part of the "kit" didn't fit in the first hole on each side, so I moved (2) of the push fastners to the first hole on each side (by the tire).

I simply started at each wheel opening by starting a connection where I wanted it, then went to middle center and attached it. The rest just tightened it all up.

I used a 1/4" drill bit.
 

speed545

Member
Mar 21, 2003
458
1
18
Montreal, canada
Apr 3, 2004
#4
  • Apr 3, 2004
  • #4
85MustGT said:
Just got it!
Any tips on installing it so its straight?
What size holes do I drill?
Me
Click to expand...

I installed mine last week. It came with 3 plastic push pin. I bough a buch of ss selftaping metal screw. If you look at a Mach 1, you ll notice that the 2 extremity of the chin spoiler are flush with the bottom of the fender opening. To be able to install your spoiler that way, it wont be flush with the bottom of the bumper but about 1/8'' to the back. I choose to installed it flush with the bumper but extremity are about 1/4'' forward of fender. Dont have to drill if using selftaping metal screws. Masking tape is good idea. I used double side tape and it was a pain to play with the spoiler. It stick so much.

Good luck. You ll see it s easy
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

A
79 mustang pace car spoiler.
  • Anglosaxon83
  • Feb 21, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
228
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 21, 2026
Anglosaxon83
A
T
Fox Help Request: Clutch Cable Installation on T5 Swap — I Can’t Find the Mounting Hole
  • TDM389
  • Feb 19, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
206
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Feb 19, 2026
nickyb
C
For Sale Mint 1993 Calypso 5.0 Convertible
  • Chrispy62
  • Aug 22, 2026
  • Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93)
Replies
2
Views
172
Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93) Aug 22, 2026
Chrispy62
C
identifying smog/fuel part on 1998 GT
  • dochawk
  • Jun 18, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
9
Views
303
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jun 30, 2026
Noobz347
For Sale 2006 Mustang GT Steering Wheel with Cruise Controls
  • lenko
  • Sep 3, 2026
  • Other Classifieds
Replies
0
Views
103
Other Classifieds Sep 3, 2026
lenko
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?