Clicking noise? Please Help

stang2b

Sep 21, 2004
Mississippi
I have a 93 GT and all of a sudden I have started noticing a ticking sound coming from around the valve covers on both sides, more on the driver side. It only does it at about 2500-3000 rpm. I don't hear it at lower rpms or at higher. I thought it might be lifters or something to that nature, but wouldn't it click at lower or higher rpms as well?

• Sponsors (?)

Oil pressure is great, and I can't feel any air around the headers, or would I be able to? I tried flooring it in 5th gear at low rpms but it didn't get any louder, so I didn't think it was the headers (which are stock).

my friend has a motor with only about 36000 miles on it in his stang--it's a stock motor--and it does the same thing but at about 1200 rpm, but on the passenger side. u could check your pushrods and rockers for slack if you're really worried about it. mine does it at idle only---also on the driver side. both out cars have good oil pressure ane everything--and the lifters are in good shape-- so i guess it's normal. :shrug: i wouldn't worry unless your noticing any other problems- smoke, stuttering, crud in the oil, ect...

good luck!