Climbing pictures :update!

mr_woodster

Jul 28, 2003
Riverside, CA
Well just managed to snag a few pictures of a climbing trip me and a few friends made a month or so ago...hope you enjoy :) (this is car related, i saved my buddies 4runner from siezing by noticing he leaked 4 quarts of oil over the weekend ;) )

Vineyard%20-%20Joshua%20Tree%202004%20018.jpg

Vineyard%20-%20Joshua%20Tree%202004%20004.jpg

Vineyard%20-%20Joshua%20Tree%202004%20010.jpg

Vineyard%20-%20Joshua%20Tree%202004%20015.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

rope we don't need no stinkin rope.

word to the wise if applying for life insurance don't let them know about this.

I just got turned down for life insurance because i mountain climb once a year. :bs:

If its done right, climbing is not nearly as dangerous as it looks. All those girls made it up that rock, none of them had ever climbed previous to this trip. with a harness and a good ropeman and 3 anchors at the top of the rock, you had more of chance of choking on your food than u did die'n on that rock ;) Then there are the dumber ones who choose to freeclimb ... :D

90% of climbing is mental, the rest is pure fun :)

Ya, death is a great insentive to be careful and not look down ;) Next time we go up there, ill get some real pictures...that rock is the small one me and my buddy noah climbed.....earlier in the morning we warmed on a 30-40 min climb. Picture #2 was us comming down the backside of that climb (the back was much easier than the front) .....to bad they didnt zoom out a little more ;)

Also in picture #3 u can see 3 cracks in the face of that rock...i boulderd all of them, the funnerest one is too the left...half way up the crack you hafta transfer to left to another crack...woo! :D