Clock won't shut off ever...

dominic94gt

Nov 4, 2008
Chicago
Hello everybody,
I just bought another mustang about 2 weeks ago because after selling my last 4 mustangs for a family car with 4 doors . Well the time came that I had to have another one , so i bought a 1994 triple black gt for $2,000 off of a repo man.
To make a long story short i can't start the car without jumping it after I got it home? So I bought a new optima yellow top battery and the next day I go to start it and it's dead again. I charged the battery back up and notice even when the car is off with the key in my hand the clock and radio stay on at all times and I think that is the problem.:shrug:
Did anyone else ever have this problem before that can please help me?
Thanks in advance everybody.

• Sponsors (?)

Both the clock and radio have a memory and accessory power connection. Someone might have rewired them, removing the accessory source of tapping it into the memory source, which would keep them powered at all times.

Can you please explain how to tell the two apart , also how should the aftermarket head unit be wired up with the mach 460 system ? I'm going to pull the aftermarket radio out and look over the wiring.
Thanks for all the help and the super fast reply.

Red wire is going to be your switched (Accessories), which is the one that turns the current to the radio on with the key either in on mode or in accessories and the yellow is the constant power wire. The power (yellow) is the one that keep the memory of your radio stations and such time. Hopefully they put an aftermarket wire harness to hook up to the stock. And Gratz on the buy!

David

mine was like that ... the cylinder thingy that the key went into was messed up, and the clock and some other things didn't go off. i had other issues with my steering column, so i ended up getting a new one with a new key and everything, so the problem was fixed.

so your cylinder might be messed up as mine was.

in the meantime though, i pulled out the fuse for the clock and then at least my battery didn't die all the time.

Blackvert... :nice: I think you may be on to something here because I do have a problem with my ignition also , I have a hard time even getting the key out of the ignition when I turn the car off and can even turn the ignition without the key in it.