Clunk sound

scupking

Sep 18, 2005
Enfield, CT
My car is pissing me off or should I say ford is pissing me off. I have been to the dealer probably 4 times over the last 2 months. I have a bang or what sounds like something just swinging around hitting things while I'm driving. This happens more so when I turn but will happen when driving strait. I brought it to ford and the first time they said it was the ball joints. They re seated them and all was good for a few weeks. Then one day the bang came back. Brought it back to ford and they said a few bolts where lose on the steering rack. They tightened it down and all was good for one day and now the bang is back. Bringing the car in once again tomorrow. What the heck could be causing the bang? As I said it seems to happen more when I make a turn. Also if my car is stopped and I turn the wheel sometimes I will her a pop.

• Sponsors (?)

my 01 GT was doing that exact same thing for awhile,come to find out the right motor mount was out,I didnt find this out until the left mount went and caused a vibration in the floor,may not be the same but something to check,The Ford dealer here missid them when I took it in for them to give it a good look over.