Clutch/brake fluid flush

kendawg73

Feb 5, 2014
So, the 2011 v6 6-speed manual mustang my daughter just got has 89k on it, I'm planning on changing all the fluids... I want to flush the brake/clutch... fluid...

What I normally do for the brakes is suck out what I can from the reservoir and fill with fresh fluid, then starting at the pass rear, have someone pump the brakes and hold while I open the bleeder and keep doing this until clean fluid comes out, then move to the driver rear, then pass front, and then driver front.

So, I know the clutch and brake share the same reservoir, so how do you flush that? is there a bleeder? I tried looking around online, and from what I've kind of gathered (not sure if right), it sounds like there isn't one, you just pump the clutch and it self bleeds???? So sounds like the fluid just goes in and back out into the reservoir? so if that is the case, then I would want to suck out old stuff and fill with new, and then pump the clutch a bunch of times, then suck out fluid and re-fill again and keep doing until it stays clean, then I would do the brakes after.... Is that right??? or am I way off?

• Sponsors (?)