Clutch cable

IMG_20221210_191327807.jpg
clutch cable broken

• Sponsors (?)

The clutch cable broke so I got a used one from a friend. I've hooked up unhooked and hooked up again and it's to tight. About 2" to short. Not sure if there is different lengths of cable or if my fork moved somehow and it's out of place. I pressed the fork in and Hooked up the cable but way tight.

Thanks Bart

The clutch cable broke so I got a used one from a friend. I've hooked up unhooked and hooked up again and it's to tight. About 2" to short. Not sure if there is different lengths of cable or if my fork moved somehow and it's out of place. I pressed the fork in and Hooked up the cable but way tight.

Thanks Bart
I drove home after breaking the cable though maybe the fork got thrashed out of place but can't see anything looking at it looks fine. The 2 cables appear to be the same length lining them up beside each other

I think I figured out how it works. Never seen a self adjustment before. I pulled up on the clutch pedal and stuffed a piece of wood under it and went underneath and pulled the slack I needed to reach the fork and it seems to work fine now.

Thanks Bart
I meant to send that reply last night but never hit the (post reply) thanks for the help guys

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user