Clutch pressure plate repair

I swapped my clutch out a few months ago. Everything was fine at first but it's started vibrating since then. Going underneath and looking at it, the pressure plate fingers are uneven. Isn't it pretty much improper torquing or maybe a bolt or two loosening up on the pressure plate that causes this.

What I'm wondering is if re-torquing it will fix it or is it pretty much permanently warped and the whole thing needs replacement?

One more question, if I provide all the parts whats the usual cost of the maintenance to replace a clutch?

• Sponsors (?)

I swapped my clutch out a few months ago. Everything was fine at first but it's started vibrating since then. Going underneath and looking at it, the pressure plate fingers are uneven. Isn't it pretty much improper torquing or maybe a bolt or two loosening up on the pressure plate that causes this.

What I'm wondering is if re-torquing it will fix it or is it pretty much permanently warped and the whole thing needs replacement?

One more question, if I provide all the parts whats the usual cost of the maintenance to replace a clutch?

Not sure about the finger but if you get it changed by a garage, let them buy the parts. If there's a warranty issues, the mechanic will say it's bad parts and the parts guy will say it's how it was installed. If the garage does everything, there's no question who needs to fix it.

Not sure about the finger but if you get it changed by a garage, let them buy the parts. If there's a warranty issues, the mechanic will say it's bad parts and the parts guy will say it's how it was installed. If the garage does everything, there's no question who needs to fix it.

I was quoted $375 for just the labor, I'll call and ask about with the parts also.

Bigger problems now though, started making a lot more noise on the way home from work, while putting a little pressure on the pedal you can't tell anything is wrong, with the pedal released, the thing sounds like its about to come apart.

Got it home and put it up on jackstands, with the dust cover off you can grab the clutch fork and freely move it up and down and see the input shaft moving around, it was just rattling around.

Guessing the input shaft bearing is shot at the minimum, dont know what else might be damaged. Any ideas?

Should I be ok with just getting the input shaft bearing and whatever else replaced? it can't be broken, it still moves the car.