cobra brake kit,everything included?

JLstang351

Founding Member
Jun 26, 2001
atl,ga
im refering to the kit from gefracing or diversified. $399 Is that everything ready to bolt up or is there more stuff to buy? My brakes are making my whole car shake. It looks like my rotors might be better off to throw the away.

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know what those kits include, but while your in there I would definatly upgrade to steel braided brake lines for firmer stopping power. I bought the speed bleeders and lines from discbrakesrus. the speed bleeders made it easy to bleed, did it myself with no problems, well worth the money... calipers and rotors I bought from separate places and came with crush washers. I used the stock banjo bolts on mine they fit the bullit calipers fine.... oh and buy the biggest bottle of brake fluid you can find. you'll need it when bleeding the brakes..and some antiseize for the studs... umm I think thats about it. been awhile since I did it... it's a pretty easy mod to do yourself, and my stopping power is waaaayyyy better than stock. the car feels much safer now. :nice:

You guys need to make sure that the kit comes with Cobra brake lines. My 2003 Cobra brake kit did not, and I had to purchase a pair of Cobra brake lines because the threads on the Cobra calipers were different than the threads on my stock 2000 GT calipers. My stock brake lines would not work, and I almost stripped the threads on one of the new Cobra calipers before I figured out what was going on.

Bill

warment said:
You guys need to make sure that the kit comes with Cobra brake lines. My 2003 Cobra brake kit did not, and I had to purchase a pair of Cobra brake lines because the threads on the Cobra calipers were different than the threads on my stock 2000 GT calipers. My stock brake lines would not work, and I almost stripped the threads on one of the new Cobra calipers before I figured out what was going on.

Bill

You could have used a banjo bolt also.

DeadLurker said:
You could have used a banjo bolt also.

Good Point. the bolts were the same size, but had different threads. I thought just getting the bolt, but I was only able to find one place that sold the bolts for $10 each. It isn't much more expensive to get a new pair of Cobra lines(that include the bolt and crush washers).

Bill