cobra r hood problems...

1FatPony

Jun 5, 2005
I got my cobra r hood a few days ago and now im trying to install it. I bought som e clean hinges because my old ones were bent and were causing problems but the hood still doesnt latch. I have the lock on the radiator support all the way up and it still doesnt lock in. Any ideas on what to do?

• Sponsors (?)

some times it has to ve moved around alot, i had this problem with my saturn, just get down low enuff with a flashlight to see what the problem is

i dont even have the hood bumpers and when i shut the hood and push down it hits the radiator support. I just drilled out the lock bracket to make it come higher but i need to go buy new bolts. It really just seems like the lock thing is too low. I can push down on the hood and it lines up pretty good with the fenders but its not locking in. Im going to go buy some bolts right now and see if this will work.

When I installed my Champion Fiberglass Cobra R, I had to remove the hood lock mech and elongate the bracket holes about 1/4" or so with a dremmel and a sanding roll. Locks tight now.

did u drill out the holes on the actuall lock mech or the bracket that it attatches to (which attaches to the radiator support)?

I would not...(just my opinion though) use a glass hood without hood pins, the results can be disasterous. Glass hoods flex quite a bit at speed and can get past the lock mechanism.

I drilled out the bracket and it doesnt go any further than the hook on the back side of the bracket. It actually didnt help at all since it couldnt go any further. I just drilled out the actualy lock mech and i got the hood to close. I drilled probably a 1/4 of an inch out. The hood is actually too high in the front now. lol. Thanks for the help