cobra r wing question

• Sponsors (?)

It's probably a good thing it does not work as well as we'd like it to at the lower speeds. If it did wouldn't the front end get lighter without the Cobra R splitter? Either way I just like it!

speedorama2.jpg

Attachments

• speedorama2.jpg
    speedorama2.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 141
Badd GT said:
i bet your one of those people who biotch about people needing to search for old threads instead of posting the same question again.
nope, i don't complain about it, just suggest that if they do a search they'll find more threads with information in them that might help. you need to be less sensitive because i wasn't flaming you or anything, i just thought it was funny that you brought a thread back that was from august of last year with your expert like comment.

I love the way it looks, my crappy one that came with the 03 cobra should have been an option with none standard :)

I have wanted one for a long time and will end up getting one... I just have hp parts to get first... then looks...

I don't like flames and don't want to start one, but have you ever held your hand outside of the car doing 50 and tilt your hand up a bit? I'd say it helps :)

travis0712 said:
I love the way it looks, my crappy one that came with the 03 cobra should have been an option with none standard :)

I have wanted one for a long time and will end up getting one... I just have hp parts to get first... then looks...

I don't like flames and don't want to start one, but have you ever held your hand outside of the car doing 50 and tilt your hand up a bit? I'd say it helps :)
you have 03 cobra with mid pipe, cat back, filter
you've got the power buddy
:drool:

Oh no, here comes the spoiler boy. :rolleyes:

1. Top speed is higher with gears.

2. 800lbs of downforce? Think about that for a second. This wing is mounted on the TRUNKLID. Would you put 800lbs of weight on your trunklid???

Any car that actually produces a significant amount of downforce has, or should have, the spoiler mounted on a solid part of the chassis.

GinoGT said:
Oh no, here comes the spoiler boy. :rolleyes:

1. Top speed is higher with gears.

2. 800lbs of downforce? Think about that for a second. This wing is mounted on the TRUNKLID. Would you put 800lbs of weight on your trunklid???

Any car that actually produces a significant amount of downforce has, or should have, the spoiler mounted on a solid part of the chassis.

Ford specifically stated that number including this:

Cobra 'R' front spoiler is about 4 times the downforce on the front than that stock Cobra spoiler and the rear wing is 10 times the downforce than the stock rear wing at 170mph which equated to 800 pounds. Just quoting their engineer. It's possible the Cobra 'R' has additional reinforcement in the trunk area over the GT and they may not think that a GT or Cobra is going to ever see 170mph so it's a non-issue. Who knows. When I plan on going over 165, I'll be addressing this issue.