Cobra rear break question?

Thanks to UM, for clearing up all this info, I have decided to get an IRS out of an 04 Cobra into my '91 notch. It comes with everything, except 2 things:
1) Exhaust. (And I JUST bought a BRAND new Magnaflow kit for my notch)
2) but more importantly, Rear calipers.

Are the Cobra rear calipers the same as those on GT's or V6's? He is giving me Cobra
rear rotors, and it would be much easier (cheaper) to get GT/V6 rear calipers.

I also have a question on the lines. Where is the (rear) soft line/hard line union? From pictures I've seen, it looks like there is something mounted to the frame rail (where the hard line ends) and there is a long soft line to caliper. Is this true? When I fab up my new brake lines can I simply run a T fitting just above the differential (on floor pan) and run the lines to the soft lines all on the floorpan, tucked out of the way?

• Sponsors (?)

Yea, it's pretty much a bolt in ordeal, outside a few drilled holes and the removl of bumpstop mounts (grinding/drilling spot welds). That article basically inspired me to do the swap, but it has no mention of brake calipers. can anyone help me out with this?

I'm not absolutely sure about the calipers to tell you the truth. I do know that the Cobra rotors are larger in circumference than the GT's, whether this affects the calipers though I have no idea. You stated he's giving you the Cobra calipers though....right?

U.M.

He's giving me the Cobra rotors, he needs the calipers (understandable). I found out that all the rear calipers (V6, GT, Cobra, Bullet, Mach1) are the same. The only difference is the mounting bracket, which is used to accommodate the larger or smaller rotors. The cobra brakes use thinner brake pads to accommodate the thicker rotors also.

So the rotor ordeal is cleared up. But how would you route the brake lines if you were in my position? How are they routed on the Cobra's?