Cobra Restoration Project

callmedrlove

Jan 25, 2007
First let me say thanks to everyone who offered support in my other thread, about my wheels being stolen. After thinking about it for days, and going back and forth from one extreme to the other, I think I have finally decided what I want to do. At one point, I wanted to sell my Cobra and buy the biggest piece of crap I could find so that no one would want to rob me again. At another point I wanted to buy the most expensive wheels I could find and wait in my car with a shotgun for some punk to try me. Now, I have decided I want to reform my Cobra to look exactly like it did when the original owner bought it off the showroom floor 16 years ago. The only problem with that is that I was 9 when this car was originally bought. I don't know for sure what the original looked like in some respects, so I come here. If anyone can help out, I'd be forever grateful.

Did the 1994 Cobra come with cobra emblems on the side, facing forward? Or were they ponies?

I'm 99% sure I know this one, but did it come with a cobra grill emblem, or was it a pony? (I think it's the pony.)

Did it come with the SVT logo on the rear decklid?

Does anyone know where to start looking for the center caps for the original wheels?

Does anyone know where I can find the amplifiers for the mach 460 system?

What spare tire did the car original come with, and can I find one today? What about tire tool/jack?

Does anyone have pictures of the original floor mats, or know where to get originals/reproductions?

• Sponsors (?)

Did the 1994 Cobra come with cobra emblems on the side, facing forward? Or were they ponies?

Cobra emblems on the side, facing forward.

I'm 99% sure I know this one, but did it come with a cobra grill emblem, or was it a pony? (I think it's the pony.)

The silver pony emblem came from the factory, but some dealerships swapped it with a snake. So either is authentic.

Did it come with the SVT logo on the rear decklid?

1995 Cobras had the SVT logo, not the 1994's.

Does anyone know where to start looking for the center caps for the original wheels?

eBay or Craigslist, otherwise no.

Does anyone know where I can find the amplifiers for the mach 460 system?

Sane as the center caps. Wasn't someone on the board throwing out their Mach 460?

What spare tire did the car original come with, and can I find one today? What about tire tool/jack?

It came with a 17" narrow spare, I'd have to look up the size of the tire. It came with the standard Mustang jack and lug wrench.

Does anyone have pictures of the original floor mats, or know where to get originals/reproductions?

The ones in the 1995 Cobra I used for my conversion had floor mats that had "COBRA" on the side. I couldn't tell you if that was original or not.

I have the front mach460 amp one of the harnesses for it at work I think, if I still havent thrown it out. It worked when I took it out, but has been sitting on my bench at work for couple of years now so its anyones guess (been covered up though). If you give me the shipping info I could tell you how much it would be shipped and would be glad to ship it to ya but dont have the backs.

As far as the floormats, these aren't the right ones are they? 79-93 Mustang Black Floor Mats W/ 93 Cobra Text Logo by ACC at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

And as for the amp, I believe I need the rear two. I had all three amps but had terrible static so I removed the two in the back. Got rid of the static but I also don't have any mids or lows lol. Shipping zip code is 37923, how much would you want for it?

Those will work just fine, main difference is the fox floor mats dont have the hole in them in the drivers carpet for the hook to keep it still. And if you want what I have then you can have it for free just pay shipping, lol. Its just wasting away there.

They do not make repro's of the 94-95 cobra floor mats unfortunately. The only difference is the color of the lettering as far as I know. I do think they make them for 94-95 cars but not in the correct color lettering.

i think you can buy the original center caps type it in on google and you'll come up with several results, I did.

Good luck with the car there isn't many good looking stock 94-95 cobra's out there anymore.

if you happen to be in the south eastern part of Wisconsin, there is a guy at the Jefferson swap meet that, at least the last few years, has carried the printed floor mats in a multitude of color schemes. I haven't gone in a couple of years so don't know if he is still there or selling the mats though.

They do not make repro's of the 94-95 cobra floor mats unfortunately. The only difference is the color of the lettering as far as I know. I do think they make them for 94-95 cars but not in the correct color lettering.

i think you can buy the original center caps type it in on google and you'll come up with several results, I did.

Good luck with the car there isn't many good looking stock 94-95 cobra's out there anymore.

I tried checking on google for the center caps first. The only thing that seems to come up consistently are the black center caps that fit on the 99 cobra style wheels, which are the ones that were stolen. I'm trying to find the center caps that fit the factory 94 cobra wheels. The ones with the 5 holes for the lugs. I think I may have found them on Ford's website, but if they are the right ones they cost almost $80 each :(

Also, I live in eastern TN, so not close enough to Wis...thanks though :)

I tried checking on google for the center caps first. The only thing that seems to come up consistently are the black center caps that fit on the 99 cobra style wheels, which are the ones that were stolen. I'm trying to find the center caps that fit the factory 94 cobra wheels. The ones with the 5 holes for the lugs. I think I may have found them on Ford's website, but if they are the right ones they cost almost $80 each :(

Also, I live in eastern TN, so not close enough to Wis...thanks though :)

I got several hits on the 94-95 cobra center caps with pics of them the first time around. They were not very cheap though. Here's the only one I get now.

94-95 Ford Mustang WHEEL CENTER CAPS [85162]