Fox Cold Idle Video

RangerJoe

I leave the horn on while driving
15 Year Member
Apr 26, 2010
Georgia
I had to move my car in and out of the garage today so I could access some storage. I pushed it out but cranked it up when I pulled it back in. I was sitting in it as I pulled into the garage and was just marvelling over how well it idles.

When I put this combo together, I was told (by some forum members) that I would need custom tuning to make it idle and drive decent. This car runs with a stock computer and 80mm Pro-M meter, no tuning.

For those who don't know:

10.7:1 home built 331
AFR 185
HSII
FTI HR Cam, 227/235, .613/.588" 111.5 ICL

Just thought some might find it interesting. Oh, and this is at cold idle with about 1.5 minutes run time. I would love to see the difference with a tune and LT headers.

View: https://youtu.be/nPHGFeEtDHo

Joe

Reactions: 4 users
  • Sponsors (?)

That is one rock steady tach needle you have there! My idle is similar but my mods are different. I have heads cam intake (on both of my foxes) and was also told it would not idle decent, but they both do. Your car sounds great!

Reactions: 1 user
Sounds great man! very similiar to my 333 stroker, your idle sounds like its a little faster than stock tach is reading. My stock tach reads a little off from my Autometer

I wish mine idled any where near that well :( lol
Sounds good man,still running the header packs/cherry bombs on your exhaust?

An older set of AFM Big tube Shorties, X Pipe and race bullets (magna flow maybe??).

It's really too loud, but I rarely drive it anymore. The race bullets were free, so I threw them on to free up some HP. I would like to try them with pipes to see if it calms them down a little.

Joe

Reactions: 1 user