• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

collision damage/exhaust question

  • Thread starter Thread starter bluextc
  • Start date Start date Apr 26, 2006
B

bluextc

New Member
Feb 12, 2006
99
1
0
South Jersey
Apr 26, 2006
#1
  • Apr 26, 2006
  • #1
Ok, so I posted before that someone hit my bumper (and exhaust tip). I have a $500. deductible, and the estimate was for $1000, which means I have to make some decisions. The major factor is whether the body shop will be able to replace only the damaged tip/muffler, or both. Does anybody know if they will be able to buy just the one flowmaster muffler or will they have to replace both? Because if they can only replace one, I'm going to just leave the tip damaged for now (it's minor), since I'm planning on getting new tips in 2 years when I get the car repainted anyway, and I will get a bumper from bumpers.com and put it on myself and not have to pay the deductible. If they would have to replace both mufflers, I'm going to pay the deductible and switch from the Flowmasters to Mac Flowpaths, and get the bumper done nicely (they are even going to paint the mustang letters, instead of the vinyl letters). Any help appreciated, and also, any experience/opinions on the flowmaster to mac switch?
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

9
RECEIVED OFFER TO BY MY 92 LX CONVERTIBLE
  • 92StangGirl
  • Mar 23, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
2
Views
277
What is it Worth?!?!? Mar 23, 2026
General karthief
B
SOLD 1986 Mercury Capri 5.0 5-speed
  • blackmerc
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93)
Replies
16
Views
848
Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93) Aug 24, 2026
General karthief
P
Tailpipes for '88 GT
  • pindude80
  • Apr 30, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
31
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 13, 2025
pindude80
P
T
Electrical Brown Connector #31
  • ta66
  • Jul 26, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
162
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 30, 2026
ta66
T
Engine Random Misfire at idle.
  • Gulftown980x
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
462
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jul 31, 2026
squeak93
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?