Comparing GT to Cobra

Kilgore Trout

Fried or Broiled ?
10 Year Member
Mar 30, 2005
I had a 2001 stock GT vert for 3 years and I recently got the car in my sig. Anyways, the difference between the two cars is night and day :eek:

In all areas; power, handling, , body flex (holy stiff chassis batman!!!!), vert top quality, wheels, overall driving experience, and even the floormats... The Cobra is the shiot :banana:

I jacked the car with my floor jack at the driver's front tire change jack point just behind the front wheel... The whole driver's side of the car came right up off the ground. On my GT the driver's rear would come up off the ground a little if you really jacked up the front... On the GT I would not even consider jacking the car without lowering all the windows so that the body flex and the vert top frame do not jack them. On the Cobra its not a problem.

I used to always notice, when walking up to my car, those tiny GT rotors. WTF :scratch: Why would Ford do open wheel designs and put those tiny brakes in there?

The GT had real cool looking tan retro cloth seats with ponies stiched in them in white. Looked awesome but not all that comfy and real crappy headrests. The Cobra is the 10th anniv leather, so y'all know the deal on that :drool:

I have literally not even put the pedal to the floor yet, the thing is a mad beast even when only going 3/4 throttle and shifting well before the redline... :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

Wait until you get the chance on a cool crisp morning to crack her WOT through the first couple of gears! This car, even stock, pulls so hard from 4500-6500! In first gear it happens so damn fast that you'll hit the rev limiter before you know it if you're not careful!

U.M.

The 1-2 shift is real dicey because of the clutch cable not self-adjusting, I am gonna take it easy on the car until I get it running better. Once I get the firewall adjuster... :drool:

Kilgore Trout said:
The 1-2 shift is real dicey because of the clutch cable not self-adjusting, I am gonna take it easy on the car until I get it running better. Once I get the firewall adjuster... :drool:
The stock clutch has a adjust feature. Car off ,in neutral then pull up on the clutch pedal. You should hear the adjuster click. The stock cable and adjuster is crap but can be used a couple of times.

Kilgore Trout said:
Nah, the self adjuster is wore out. When I pull up on the clutch it does nothing...
Well that doesn't necessarily mean the self adjuster is worn out... most likely your cable has stretched beyond the adjusters ability to take up any more slack. You know what you need to rectify the problem Killy.... quit being a cheap-ass and buy a firewall adjuster! :D

U.M.

Uncle Meat said:
buy a firewall adjuster!
:drool:

FioreCombo.JPG

I jacked the car with my floor jack at the driver's front tire change jack point just behind the front wheel... The whole driver's side of the car came right up off the ground. On my GT the driver's rear would come up off the ground a little if you really jacked up the front... On the GT I would not even consider jacking the car without lowering all the windows so that the body flex and the vert top frame do not jack them. On the Cobra its not a problem.

I know what you mean.. jacked up the car right behind the drivers front wheel to change the tire, and the entire left side of the car came up.. (I have a coupe) the only other cars I've had that would do that was a 98 C5 and 02 S2000...