Computer Chip Upgrade

kirk107

May 28, 2005
I was looking into getting a computer chip for my stang and I was wondering if anyone had some recommendations as to which chip to buy or if it is a good idea.

• Sponsors (?)

It all depends on what you want in a "chip." If you like tinkering with the PCM and fine-tuning, get a tuner; I was impressed with the Predator for its user interface, and I looked at the Tweecer RT a while ago, and it can do almost anything but looks like it has a steep learning curve. I haven't read much about the XCalibrator (sp?), but I'm sure someone will chime in. Tuners are also nice if you want to continue to modify your car; you won't have to get the chip re-flashed evry time you change/add something. If you don't plan on modding, or don't like to mess with things, then get a chip.

starchman said:
It all depends on what you want in a "chip." If you like tinkering with the PCM and fine-tuning, get a tuner; I was impressed with the Predator for its user interface, and I looked at the Tweecer RT a while ago, and it can do almost anything but looks like it has a steep learning curve. I haven't read much about the XCalibrator (sp?), but I'm sure someone will chime in. Tuners are also nice if you want to continue to modify your car; you won't have to get the chip re-flashed evry time you change/add something. If you don't plan on modding, or don't like to mess with things, then get a chip.

you can get the XCalibrator with a chip so you can burn your own chip.