Convertable Top Problem

misko

Aug 7, 2008
I have a 95 gt convertible. When I raise or lower the top, the breaker kicks out after 10 seconds, and I have to wait until it resets and it starts all over again. I replaced the two Hyd. Pistons which were leaking. Replaced the Pump motor twice with the same result. The wiring harness at the pump gets very HOT and the breaker kicks. The Top Mechanism is not the problem because the same thing occurs with the two Hyd. Pistons disconnected from the Top. If anyone could suggest a fix and a link to a Wiring Diagram i would surely appreciate the help.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 95 gt convertible. When I raise or lower the top, the breaker kicks out after 10 seconds, and I have to wait until it resets and it starts all over again. I replaced the two Hyd. Pistons which were leaking. Replaced the Pump motor twice with the same result. The wiring harness at the pump gets very HOT and the breaker kicks. The Top Mechanism is not the problem because the same thing occurs with the two Hyd. Pistons disconnected from the Top. If anyone could suggest a fix and a link to a Wiring Diagram i would surely appreciate the help.

Has this just started? I'm wondering if a previous owner has installed a lower amp breaker by mistake since you've stated that the pump motor was been replaced twice. Although the wiring harness getting hot would seemingly indicate another source for the problem. Maybe a bad ground at the pump?

Has this just started? I'm wondering if a previous owner has installed a lower amp breaker by mistake since you've stated that the pump motor was been replaced twice. Although the wiring harness getting hot would seemingly indicate another source for the problem. Maybe a bad ground at the pump?

The TOP/Leaking Lift Cylinders/and a burned up Pump were replaced and ground replaced to the body. Again with no load on the Cylinders(disconnected from TOP) i am at a loss of where to proceed.........