Convertible 2005 Mustang

spectravp

Apr 29, 2004
NY
Since the convertible product line-up is to start assembly in January of 2005, and it' sonly 63 days (as of today) until Job #1, I would suspect that we would see some more test mules and even prototypes around.

The convertibles are not as popular as the coupes and I think we may be overlooking some of the convertible information. So, I started this thread.

I have only seen a couple of spy shots of the verts, so if anyone has any pics of the verts, please post them here for all to see. If anyone has any information not previously discussed ot discovered about the verts, post it here!

One rumor I was able to squash was that the verts would not have side airbags. This is not the case. The verts will have side airbags.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

That's what I am aiming for. A GT350 or Mach I convertible with factory padded roll bar. So far very little information and much less pictures. Look like we'll have to wait until end of this year for more.

66Satellite said:
I'm wondering whether the new verts will have those popup rollbars that many verts have nowadays--even the VW Beetle has them now.

In contrast, the new PT Cruiser convertible doesn't have a roll bar. That "bar" you do see, isn't for roll over. I only mention this, because I thought all new convertible designs had to have a roll bar.

scottie1113 said:
Not true about the rollbar requirement.

Isn't the fed government toughing up the roll over protection requirements in another couple of years? If, for example, its 2007, then I would think that it would be wise to integrate that requirement into a totally new 2006 design, rather than have to do a resign just a year or two later. No? :shrug:

BTW, I still believe Ford will call the conv a "2006" since previous new designs coming out after January 1, have been "rounded up" to the next model year.

appaloosa said:
That's what I am aiming for. A GT350 or Mach I convertible with factory padded roll bar. So far very little information and much less pictures. Look like we'll have to wait until end of this year for more.

Never see a Vert. Mach 1. Never made them in the past, so I'd say they won't make them in the future. Now they did make the GT350 and GT500 in Verts so you have that to look forward to.

TrueBlueCajun said:
Never see a Vert. Mach 1. Never made them in the past, so I'd say they won't make them in the future. Now they did make the GT350 and GT500 in Verts so you have that to look forward to.

Of course you are correct. On second thought I decided the premium convertible GT will do just great. I hope by 2006 or '07 Ford will make the roll bar an available option.