Convertible Engine Mounts

Alex129

Nov 19, 2018
Layton, UT
I found today that my vert's motor mounts are shot. I've also found that i cannot find them ANYWHERE! Some searches I made seem to say that they were discontinued in as early as 2005! So, I was wondering if anyone has converted the mounts to use a different version, or found another similar mount to use. What effect does using the coupe/hatch mounts have? I know I'd need to adapt them to work, but if I can do that, I'd never have to worry about it again.

• Sponsors (?)

I was looking at these last night. The closest is the Corteco MT2559. However, the index pin on the back doesn't match either side of the stock ones, and they have one bolt per side as opposed to this replacement, which has two per side. I don't know if anyone has ever tried them on, and they're meant to be applicable for both sides with some drilling, or if this mount is for something else altogether.

Best shots I could get. Lots of rust, so i didn't want to rip them out without replacements.
20190318_083605.jpg
20190318_083618.jpg

All I see are the V8 version on ebay. That one part number is very close. I think I'll order it and see if they're close enough to use. It looks like the bolt holes are in the right places, but I'd have to drill a hole or cut off the index pin