Convertible quarter window gap

• Sponsors (?)

where exactly is the gap? hard to tell with the pics. did it just start happening? i'm not familiar with a 2003, but i would imagine they're all pretty much the same. i've gotten pretty good at adjustments on my 86 vert

No its on a 1993 vert. I just got the car last summer and am in the process of bringing it back up to DD status. The gap doesnt photo well but its between the black weather stripping that is on the quarter windows themselves and the windows on the doors, almost like the quarter windows are leaning towards the interior of the car.

if the window does that when the top is up, sounds like the "c" pillar needs adjustment.
if the window does that when the top is down you need to adjust the window itself. there are no guide rails. the window runs on a curved pole. there's fwd and aft adjustments; tilt; front and rear stops, and in and out. you have to remove the rear quarter panels to adjust. i have instructions i could e-mail you on how to do it, but it's for an 86. i would imagine the concept is the same

It's hard to tell from the pics but it looks like the door needs aligned to the body. Looking at the trim at the top of the door in the one pic it seems like the door needs to come in to the body some. That will pull the window in. Mike

It's hard to tell from the pics but it looks like the door needs aligned to the body. Looking at the trim at the top of the door in the one pic it seems like the door needs to come in to the body some. That will pull the window in. Mike

good call Mike. i missed that on the first pic. definitely try that first before you go tearin the back apart. rear quarter windows are no fun to adjust.:eek:

I have put new pins and bushings in the passenger door already when those pics were snapped and it did not affect the alignment of the windows on that side that I could tell. Doors out of alignment was my first guess as well.

The problem exists whether or not the top is up or down so maybe that indicates a combination of things that need tweaking.

I was watching them as they rolled up this morning, and the look good and flush with the door glass until the last inch or so then it almost looks like they lean in as they lock in the up position. That's the best way I can describe it at the moment.

I would be interested in seeing the instructions for adjusting the windows if you have them. PM otw with a email addy. Pulling a quarter panel is nothing as many times as I had to do it to get my issues with lines for the top to stop leaking fluid lol.