Convertible Top Replacement!

• Sponsors (?)

Also where did you buy your stainless staples and contact cement... Also what kind of stapler did you use? We are pushing our luck with the torn up top seeing that it hasnt rained in the week we have had the car out of its natural habitat (covered with **** and dirt in the the garage)

I replaced the front upper and lower tacking strip. reused the rest.

Bought an air stapler from Norther Tool and stainless steel staples. I could not get stainless steel in one of the sizes, so went with standard.

Used contact cement from Lowes. My only real problem was that the adhesive I used with the front lower tacking strip did not hold. The rivets are far apart and allow the tacking strip to strech in warm weather. But everything seems to work out after a few weeks in the sun.

I replaced the front upper and lower tacking strip. reused the rest.

Bought an air stapler from Norther Tool and stainless steel staples. I could not get stainless steel in one of the sizes, so went with standard.

Used contact cement from Lowes. My only real problem was that the adhesive I used with the front lower tacking strip did not hold. The rivets are far apart and allow the tacking strip to strech in warm weather. But everything seems to work out after a few weeks in the sun.

Did you need to replace the tacking strip???