coolant is leaking?

joeguz

May 15, 2005
It looks like the coolant is coming from the hose but I just replaced it and it is still leaking...I have a 66 coupe that was a 6cyl and now has a 302 in it....I have to use a flexhose so maybee that has something to do w/it---any help or insight apreciated on what to do...

• Sponsors (?)

joeguz said:
It looks like the coolant is coming from the hose but I just replaced it and it is still leaking...I have a 66 coupe that was a 6cyl and now has a 302 in it....I have to use a flexhose so maybee that has something to do w/it---any help or insight apreciated on what to do...
could it be the water pump dripping down or a loose clamp???Start from the top and look down.

Pakrat said:
Can you be a little more specific than just "from the hose"? Which hose? Top, bottom, the little one from the neck under the cap?

If it is top or bottom then likely a clamp or a split, if it's the one from the neck then maybe you are filling the radiator too much and it's puking.

Not to highjack the thread...anybody use the aftermarket overflow tanks ? How easy or hard was it to install ?