coolant leakage?

ZINC76

Jan 18, 2007
Miami Florida
:shrug: whats up guys, Im having an issue w/ coolant leakage between my manifold and thermostat housing,its not a big leak but its not going to get any better.First i changed the O-ring thinking that would solve the issue and being the leak is coming from between the housing and manifold.It went away for a couple of days but now its back.I checked for any cracks on the manifold cuz i know the plastic manifolds are prone to cracking and i didnt see any.Also is the thermostat housing(water neck) also referred to as the coolant crossover area? P.S. I have a 2001 mustang GT

• Sponsors (?)

If thats the case (cracked manifold) is'nt there a recall for this problem? And if so shouldnt ford pay for the repair being that there was some sort of settlement against them for this problem?

If it's plastic I'm sure it's cracked...

If it has the aluminum crossover... there is two rubber gaskets for the coolant crossovers (one on each side) that help seal the aluminum to the plastic... one of those may have given out... you can seperate them very easily (once the manifold is removed) I think it was 6-8 10mm bolts from the bottom up...

Hope this helps...