• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

Cooling problem?????????? (long)

  • Thread starter Thread starter WHITE94COBRA
  • Start date Start date Jun 14, 2005

WHITE94COBRA

New Member
Nov 14, 2003
816
0
0
HUNTINGTON BEACH
Jun 14, 2005
#1
  • Jun 14, 2005
  • #1
Ok so driving home from work at noon today, not hot out either around 75; my car jumps up to 200 then 205 then 210 and I stop when it hits 220. My radiator is fine the thermostat is opening at 180 like normal, but my high speed fan never comes on??? low speed works fine, so I turn on the AC, still no high speed fan??? so I restart the car its at 195 about 20 min later, I drive it home (a short 2 min jaunt) get home and let it idle for a while with the hood open, no high speed fan again. Hmmmmm so my fan went out right??? now heres the weird part I let it just idle for a while and it wont get over 220??? I drove it around the block still doesnt go above 220???? drive to the store and back it stays at 220?????? I do have a fluidyne radiator, and a 180 therm, and my stock guage goes up and down with the actual temp guage I put on, (it still doesnt go past the a in normal) so I know the guage is working????? I even went a step further and temped it with a thermometor, yep guage is right. water is flowing like normal and the water pump looks and sounds fine, (wont know for sure until I take it off but its only a year old) last but not least I found a small leak right under the lower intake, but just a drop or two??? I put my system pressurizer on it and it seems pretty sealed accept for that little leak. anybody have any Ideas or am I just gonna have to tear the whole cooling system apart?????
 
H

harley02

New Member
Aug 29, 2004
110
0
0
Tarpon Springs, FL
Jun 15, 2005
#2
  • Jun 15, 2005
  • #2
Wow, very weird. Did you ever get the car in for the recall/TSB for the fan switch? Im having issues as well and someone trying to tell me that due to AC being low on freon is making the car run warmer (and this is only at highway speeds.) I think I have the high speed fan "issues" as well.

BTW: I want to put the Fluidyne radiator in my car. How was the installation please? Does it come w/directions,,on a scale of 1-10 how hard would you rate the radiator swap? Thnxxx
 

94-302-vert

Active Member
Aug 16, 2004
1,947
2
36
NE CT
Jun 15, 2005
#3
  • Jun 15, 2005
  • #3
that is a good point.. as the refrigerant level goes down the high side temperature goes up...
 

WHITE94COBRA

New Member
Nov 14, 2003
816
0
0
HUNTINGTON BEACH
Jun 15, 2005
#4
  • Jun 15, 2005
  • #4
The radiator was a breeze, I would rate it a 4. I had my ac checked just recently and had plenty of pressure, and please tell me about this recall????? What exactly is it? how do I fix it?
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

W
High Cylinder Head Temp - Not Overheating?
  • wtfwork12
  • Jun 26, 2025
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
9
Views
2K
2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- Jul 1, 2025
wtfwork12
W
G
1991 GT 5.0 running hot
  • gvanginkel403
  • Jul 1, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
226
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 2, 2026
General karthief
Engine Themostat
  • Mindseye007
  • Jan 30, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
21
Views
901
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Feb 1, 2026
86HO5.0
8
B
A/C Issues
  • Boats90GT
  • Jun 10, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
156
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 11, 2026
Mcmahst
Fox Help
  • 93fox85
  • Mar 22, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
268
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 23, 2026
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?