cooling system ?

Holik95

Aug 14, 2005
Granite City,IL
what causes bubbles to come out of the reservoir tank? is it just air coming out of the system? i was told that it could be a bad head gasket. can some one help with this? i did just have a new thermostat and cap installed, if that makes a difference.

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like there's possibly still some air trapped in the cooling system somewhere. Keep a close eye on it because even a small pocket of air can cause these cars to overheat. Did you do the thermostat replacement yourself? What methos did you use to burp the cooling system?

U.M.

All of the above could be happening. Why did you have a new T-Stat installed? Was this due to any overheating problems? If not, then that could be the sole reason where there is air from that repair.

Sometimes a head gasket can cause this and people misdiagnose it as a T-Stat or something. I see this a lot at work with Subaru's where someone thought it was the T-stat and replaced it, yet air inside the cylinder gets through the head gasket and causes air bubbles in the coolant system.

no i took it to a shop. i filled the reservoir and capped it. filled the cross over tube left the plug off started the car and kept filling till coolant stayed in the tube.is that the right way? i did this last night. drove the car to work today and my gauge went half way up like normal. so i guess i got most the air out.