Could an Oil Seperator Increase Oil PSI???

Like the title says. My 3/8" hose to the seperator has a pretty sharp 180* bend in it, but it's not kinked.

I guess a better question would be, could a restricted PCV increase oil pressure?

Here's pic...
IMG_0065.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0065.jpg
    IMG_0065.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 49
  • Sponsors (?)

Andy is right on. You could theoretically start to bottleneck crankcase ventillation but that's about all.

If you are worried about a hose kinking, try using hydraulic line. I was also worried about this - the hydraulic line wont kink but it's kind of a pain to work with (it likes to lay where it wants).

Good luck.

Hey man ... what did you make those heater caps out of? Or what did you use?

The way you have the seperator installed looks nice. Also, if you run synthetic oil, it might behoove you to remove that filter element.

SeventyMach1 said:
Hey man ... what did you make those heater caps out of? Or what did you use?

The way you have the seperator installed looks nice. Also, if you run synthetic oil, it might behoove you to remove that filter element.

The heater caps are called Heater Bypass Caps and they're made by a company called Help. I got them at my local United Discount Auto.

I do run synthetic, but I already cut the bottom tip of the element off, so I don't think it's clogged.

Thanks for your replies