• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Coupe and convertible trunk liners

  • Thread starter Thread starter EX-SSP
  • Start date Start date Feb 6, 2020

EX-SSP

Active Member
Apr 16, 2019
81
41
28
New York
Feb 6, 2020
#1
  • Feb 6, 2020
  • #1
Are 87-93 mustang trunk liners the same for a coupe and convertible? Are they inter-changeable? I know a lot of the characteristics are similiar but can't find if the side liner pieces can be inter-changed? I know the mats are the same.

Any help appreciated.
 

eighty5fox

Mustang Master
Sep 29, 2016
286
303
83
mass
Feb 7, 2020
#2
  • Feb 7, 2020
  • #2
They are not the same. You can instll the vert liners in the coupe not sure you can the other way around. I put vert liners in mine and it worked out perfect because i have a rear shock tower brace. If i used the coupe liners i would have had to trim the to make them fit around it
 
Reactions: R82148V and EX-SSP

EX-SSP

Active Member
Apr 16, 2019
81
41
28
New York
Feb 7, 2020
#3
  • Feb 7, 2020
  • #3
eighty5fox said:
They are not the same. You can instll the vert liners in the coupe not sure you can the other way around. I put vert liners in mine and it worked out perfect because i have a rear shock tower brace. If i used the coupe liners i would have had to trim the to make them fit around it
Click to expand...
Thank you for that! I find it odd that no one makes reproduction liners as these cars are approaching 30+ years in age and I can't imagine a majority of the stock liners are in good condition. You don't even find them used in Craigslist or eBay.
 

R82148V

Active Member
May 26, 2020
256
59
38
.....
Mar 10, 2021
#4
  • Mar 10, 2021
  • #4
The 87-93 vert liners are extremely hard to find. I'm doing a resto on an 87 with some mouse damage.. Going to have to basically dress up the liners by trimming the chew spots.

Question - EX-SSP was saying 87-93 trunk mats are the same for a coupe and convertible. Is this true! Looking on all sites I cant find any vert trunk mats. Only Coupes and hatchbacks.

Thanks!!
 

Ryuk

I love your drawers
5 Year Member
Apr 22, 2017
1,703
1,630
133
Mar 10, 2021
#5
  • Mar 10, 2021
  • #5
I'm trying to find out what holds the liner up. I have some pieces missing and I can't find replacements.


 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

L
Door pull panels, convertible versus coupe
  • lenzgt
  • Jun 25, 2026
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Replies
2
Views
154
1994 - 1995 Specific Tech Jun 25, 2026
lenzgt
L
B
Installing 1991 fox body well liner convertible
  • Blueinfan
  • Sep 18, 2024
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
494
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2024
89ripper
A
Interior and Upholstery Question on parts for convertible well liner attachment to rear seat
  • Augy
  • Sep 3, 2024
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
11
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 13, 2024
Augy
A
G
Need tuning help with 4100 Carburetor
  • Gary’s 67
  • Aug 18, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
190
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Aug 22, 2026
manicmechanic007
Brake pad and rotor upgrade
  • Sparky714
  • Aug 7, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
484
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 17, 2026
Sparky714
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?