Courtesy Light Issue

huge's66coupe

Nov 21, 2013
Hello I'm new to Stangnet. I've been restoring my wife's first car, a 66 coupe with a 289 automatic on and off for 16 years. I got the bug to finally finish it about 3 or 4 months ago. I refurbished or replaced every bolt, piece, and wire. I've been working on the electric so I can finish the interior. Everything works with the exception of the under dash courtesy lights.
The sockets are getting power, and I scraped the paint off the dash where the lights connect. I have tried everything, and I'm getting very frustrated. Everything else on that extension works. The blower motor, the glove box light, cigar lighter, and I tested the courtesy lights, and yes they are getting power. My car has ac and a console. The console courtesy lights work, and turn on and off when doors are opened and closed.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Hello I'm new to Stangnet. I've been restoring my wife's first car, a 66 coupe with a 289 automatic on and off for 16 years. I got the bug to finally finish it about 3 or 4 months ago. I refurbished or replaced every bolt, piece, and wire. I've been working on the electric so I can finish the interior. Everything works with the exception of the under dash courtesy lights.
The sockets are getting power, and I scraped the paint off the dash where the lights connect. I have tried everything, and I'm getting very frustrated. Everything else on that extension works. The blower motor, the glove box light, cigar lighter, and I tested the courtesy lights, and yes they are getting power. My car has ac and a console. The console courtesy lights work, and turn on and off when doors are opened and closed.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hiya 66. I've moved your thread into the classic technical forum. You're much more likely to get an answer here than in the site feedback forum.

One of our long-time members, @horse sence has been my "go-to guy" for just about everything that is Classic Mustang. If he doesn't know it, he knows who does. He should be along (after having been tagged above) and can probably get you pointed in the right direction.

Good Luck with your project and Wecome to Stangnet! :nice:

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if you are getting power to the center post in the light socket it must be a grounding problem. it would have to be where the fixture mounts to the dash or the socket its self. is yours the ones that the bulb socket comes out of the mounting base ? take it out and clean the mounting plate and the socket and see if that helps