• Mustang Forums
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk

coyote swap 2018 throttle body

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dbag92
  • Start date Start date Sep 3, 2018
D

Dbag92

New Member
Sep 2, 2018
1
0
1
Grande prairie
Sep 3, 2018
#1
  • Sep 3, 2018
  • #1
I bought a 2018 intake this week for my swap and it came with the throttle as well. I have read that it won't work. The throttle body has a different way of sending back throttle position. The engine I have is a 2012 f150 so I need to use the gen 1 harness and PCM. Does anyone know if this throttle body will work? Or is there an adapter that will make it work?
 

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,052
10,677
213
polk county florida
Sep 3, 2018
#2
  • Sep 3, 2018
  • #2
From what I gather from a quick google search was : 11-14 pcm, 15-17 pcm, 18 pcm are different, I didn't find any adaptation to mix and match but I only spent a limited amount of time.
 

CarMichael Angelo

my rearend will smell so minty fresh,
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
10,641
8,909
234
Birmingham, al
Sep 3, 2018
#3
  • Sep 3, 2018
  • #3
General karthief said:
From what I gather from a quick google search was : 11-14 pcm, 15-17 pcm, 18 pcm are different, I didn't find any adaptation to mix and match but I only spent a limited amount of time.
Click to expand...
How much less time would it have taken to move this thread to the S550 section where there might be somebody who knows for sure?
 

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,052
10,677
213
polk county florida
Sep 3, 2018
#4
  • Sep 3, 2018
  • #4
How can I bring out the 'madmike' in you if I did that?
 

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,371
21,579
234
Box behind Walmart
Sep 3, 2018
#5
  • Sep 3, 2018
  • #5
Dbag92 said:
I bought a 2018 intake this week for my swap and it came with the throttle as well. I have read that it won't work. The throttle body has a different way of sending back throttle position. The engine I have is a 2012 f150 so I need to use the gen 1 harness and PCM. Does anyone know if this throttle body will work? Or is there an adapter that will make it work?
Click to expand...

I have a vague recollection about a difference between a throttle body that is positioned mechanically versus the kind that is positioned electronically by a motor. I think that's where the incompatibility comes from.

I will indeed move this over to the S550 section and see if we can the real scoop. It may return once we find an answer. I'll leave a redirect in this forum.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

C
SN95 Another Coyote swap list
  • catkiller
  • May 10, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
274
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 8, 2026
bjornsn95
B
B
Electrical V8 swap no power to anything
  • Bullittsmith
  • Sep 12, 2026
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Replies
4
Views
166
1994 - 1995 Specific Tech Sep 15, 2026
Mcmahst
A
P0036 P0056 P0137 P0157 2020 Ford Mustang GT
  • AmkoA
  • Jun 16, 2026
  • 2024+ (S650) Mustang -General/Talk
Replies
0
Views
238
2024+ (S650) Mustang -General/Talk Jun 16, 2026
AmkoA
A
F
Fox 1990 Mustang GT 5.0 A9L – Engine suddenly shuts off but immediately restarts when key turned
  • FishermansFriend
  • Aug 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
531
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2026
General karthief
Gen 3 Coyote Swap Variable Displacement AC Compressor Troubleshooting
  • rydnoryder
  • Jun 12, 2025
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk
Replies
2
Views
949
2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk Jun 16, 2025
rydnoryder
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?