coyote swap 2018 throttle body

Dbag92

Sep 2, 2018
Grande prairie
I bought a 2018 intake this week for my swap and it came with the throttle as well. I have read that it won't work. The throttle body has a different way of sending back throttle position. The engine I have is a 2012 f150 so I need to use the gen 1 harness and PCM. Does anyone know if this throttle body will work? Or is there an adapter that will make it work?

• Sponsors (?)

From what I gather from a quick google search was : 11-14 pcm, 15-17 pcm, 18 pcm are different, I didn't find any adaptation to mix and match but I only spent a limited amount of time.
How much less time would it have taken to move this thread to the S550 section where there might be somebody who knows for sure?:cautious:

How can I bring out the 'madmike' in you if I did that? :rolleyes:
th (1).jpeg

I bought a 2018 intake this week for my swap and it came with the throttle as well. I have read that it won't work. The throttle body has a different way of sending back throttle position. The engine I have is a 2012 f150 so I need to use the gen 1 harness and PCM. Does anyone know if this throttle body will work? Or is there an adapter that will make it work?

I have a vague recollection about a difference between a throttle body that is positioned mechanically versus the kind that is positioned electronically by a motor. I think that's where the incompatibility comes from.

I will indeed move this over to the S550 section and see if we can the real scoop. It may return once we find an answer. I'll leave a redirect in this forum.